This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bash View Post
    Just seen The Amazing Spiderman, not bad but not great either. I'm glad I didnt go cinema to watch it. Some of the 3d angles were forced and annoying as hell. The spidey v Lizard fights were decent enough. Some cheesy elements at the end didnt fit with the moody emo vibe that went before it, bit of a mess of a film in the end. Sequel could have potential as they have the extra exposition out of the way now to build on but I fear it'll be another film that raises more questions then answers which annoys me. I liked Garfield in The Social Network and thought he'd make a good Peter Parker when he was cast but I didnt enjoy his performance. Too gawky and awkward for me, stuck between shy nerd and angsty teenager with no believable transition. Also Spideys power levels and limits seemed all over the place, one minute he punches a guy full force 2 times in the face. The next he's swinging cars off a bridge. Surely he'd kill anyone he'd fight unless its a supervillan?
    Is it not possible to be both a shy nerd and a angsty teenager without some kind of transition? I feel you can be both at the same time as they are two different aspects of a personality that are nothing to do with one another. The film captures the spirit and character of the ultimate SpiderMan comics pretty well for me.

I thought the main problems with the film were that it was drawn out, overlong, and did absolubtley nothing to make the audience stand up and think this was any more worth while than the last set of Spiderman films.

It was quite enjoyable, and may become more relevant down the line, yet right now feels like quite a pointless film really.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 27-10-2012, 22:09.

Comment

Almost all comic book films now feel pointless to me in the shadow of the Nolan's trilogy and Kick-Ass. Everything else is so hit and miss, I'm only interested in how Man of Steel turns out next year. I wonder how close or far away it'll feel compared to Richard Donners 2 Superman movies.

As far as Spiderman is concerned they still cant get the tone 100% correct for me. Its a incredibly difficult as he's often up against multiple villans as well as trying to keep a wide cast of friends n family safe and happy. This was the biggest problem with the reboot as they were always going to need a new exposition as well.

One thing I did get a vibe of was the Flash Thompson character being given a little more depth compared to the Riami trilogy. I think he'll be built up to be the new anti hero Venom like the comics. His character will probably get wheelchaired while serving over in Iraq/Afghanistan and Peter Parkers parents will factor in somewhere in developing some kind of Venom cancer cure suit. I doubt they'll go for outer space symbiote this time.

Comment

Too tired to do anything else last night so ended up watching The A-Team. One of the worst films I have seen in years, the so called plot made no real sense and the action scenes were dull and uninspired. A turd of a film, that was even worse than the tv show.

Comment

Wha..? I thought A-Team was quite fun. A little forgettable but certainly no worse than the TV show.

Comment

It was so dull, not one of the action scenes had any sense of excitement, danger or imagination.

Comment

What, even when they're firing the tank shells during free fall to try and land safely? Or when Murdock cuts the helicopter engine out to avoid the heat seekers?

Comment

What, even when they're firing the tank shells during free fall to try and land safely? Or when Murdock cuts the helicopter engine out to avoid the heat seekers?
                Scenes like that might have been exciting if the film wasn't full of shaky cam overload and close up shots that were completely disorientating and gave no idea of geography during action sequences. Also the fine third of the film was tragically anti climatic and so run of the mill that it could have been taken from a stright to video Steven segal film.

The film was a complete mess, it had no plot, didn't do anything decent with its characters, and had some of the worst action scenes ever filmed. At least in any film I've ever seen. It was just not fun at all.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 28-10-2012, 16:32.

Comment

I thought it was fun, certainly not a mess. It made plenty sense to me, easy to follow in its simple plot. Agreed not much character development but no worse than the Mission Impossible franchise. The TV series wasnt exactly awash with Emmy award winning stuff so not sure what you lot were expecting. I certainly got a little kick out of the helicopter chase scene. Face was typically smart ass and likable, Bradley Cooper had a difficult job in following up Dirk Benedict as did Neilson with Hannibal and I think they served their roles very well. The other 2 were equally good, for me the A-team series was all about THE TEAM and their chemistry during mad cap rescue missions etc and the movie matched it well enough for me.

Comment

No, it was ****. Just thinking about the millions of pounds it cost to make makes me feel ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                      Too tired to do anything else last night so ended up watching The A-Team. One of the worst films I have seen in years, the so called plot made no real sense and the action scenes were dull and uninspired. A turd of a film, that was even worse than the tv show.
                      The A-Team is a great film as long as you take if for what it is ... a bit of a laugh which pokes fun at the TV series. I also loved the cameo's of the original Murdoch and Face as well, easy to miss them.

I think its a perfectly fine film myself ... well worthy as remake material.

Comment

Project x

In short, a load of crap.

Comment

Urgh, Project X . . . . now THAT is a **** film. It made me wish bad things upon the actors, crew and director. In fact everyone involved with making it.

Comment

Urgh, Project X . . . . now THAT is a **** film. It made me wish bad things upon the actors, crew and director. In fact everyone involved with making it.
                            Even Matthew Broderick and the chimp?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Even Matthew Broderick and the chimp?!
                              That's the 2nd time you've made that joke. Still funny though

Comment

Am watching Revenge Of The Sith. Cannot *believe* how bad 'General Grievous' is, just 3D0-level bad CGI.

CGI just keeps on ruining this, it's such a weird, self-obsessed type of mindf*ck goin on......

Comment

Working...
                                X