Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Edison Chen scandal was a right kerfuffle!

Basically, he'd boned a load of women and known actresses, including Twins Effect "twin" Gillian Chung, and filmed them.

He then took his laptop to be repaired and the shop found the images and illegally put them on the web.

It dominated the news over there and now Chen's hiding out in Canada because he's had death threats if he goes to public appearances and Chung got axed from loads of jobs including the Olympics opening ceremony after losing her squeaky clean image.

Yikes!

I've been waiting for The Sniper for ages, didn't know it's out, so thanks, FG!

Comment

I watch way too many TV series to have time to watch my ever growing stack of film DVDs but the other night I did manage to crack open my Coen Brothers boxset and watch Blood Simple for the first time. Brilliant film. Normal Coen storyline about people doing the wrong thing with the best intentions but the story, music and direction were all very engaging and the time flew by.

Best thing is, there's still about 5 Coen films I've never seen and then the ones that they have written. Gonna have a Coen binge over the next week I think!

Comment

Brazil, took my time getting round to this one....some interest here but I felt it was too long and the often overly hectic aesthetic got to me after a while and couldnt wait for sparser shots, worth a look, if only once!

Comment

surrogates, Pretty damn awesome.
          Very iRobot in alot of ways but an enjoyable thinking mans action flick

Comment

Dvdmike: I'm going to have to disagree. I really wanted to like Surrogates, there are some cool bits in it. However, it's riddled with flaws of logic and it's a bit predictable. Plus, what's the message?

Teh internetz are teh evils? I remember when all this was fields, etc? Fat network admins will save the world?*Snore* The final scenes of the movie were also pretty laughable.

I did learn that I'd like a blue Smeg fridge though.
            Last edited by NW2013; 28-09-2009, 13:17.

Comment

No its about being yourself no matter how bad the world can make you feel, and how detatched artificial things can make you from yourself.
              I looked at it as people hiding behind perscription drugs using them as a surrogate for your real emotions

Comment

I watched Up on Friday, and A Bug's Life on DVD yesterday as a result of the Pixar South Bank show.

Other news though, I recently watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time, and have watched it thrice since. What an awesome film. The lecture scene at the start lols me up every time!

Comment

I just watched The Incredibles and I feel the same way I did about it when it first came out - it's their weakest (unpopular opinion, I know). It's wrong of me to want Pixar to confine themselves to a formula, but compared to all their other stuff, it just felt totally joyless.

Comment

Agree with you about Incredibles. Watched Pandorum I expected it to be worse, better than the resi films

Comment

Dreamcatcher for the first time since maybe 2k5, I like this one a fair bit, it's like Stand by Me vs War of the Worlds.

Comment

Watched The Devil's Rejects. Probably the sleaziest hollywood film I've seen in a long time. I probably should've liked it more than I did. I struggle to enjoy films where I can't feel for any of the characters at all. Did appriciate the way they twisted the film on its head in the final act, oddly smart considering the rest of the film.

Comment

recently

Trick or treat - average holiday fare

Street kings - decent but i wish they hadnt mentioned training day on all its ads as it made me expect great things

the eye - american remake of a japanese horror starring jessica alba, a blind girl who is the recipient of a corneal transplant that leaves her seeing events from her donors traumatic past. Canny

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            Watched The Devil's Rejects. Probably the sleaziest hollywood film I've seen in a long time. I probably should've liked it more than I did. I struggle to enjoy films where I can't feel for any of the characters at all. Did appriciate the way they twisted the film on its head in the final act, oddly smart considering the rest of the film.
                            One of my favourites films. Rob Zombie does sleazy like no other.

Saw two films at the cinema last night before they disappear.

9 - Played like a videogame. Looks like Abe, Half Life and Resistance melted together. Storyline was also pretty videogame. So boring I almost fell asleep. A waste of a good setting and aesthetic.

Couples Retreat - Fairly enjoyable but suffers from Vince Vaughn fatigue where they don't cut anything. Some good bits but some long unfunny dialogues too. Needs someone to go in and chop 20 minutes.

Comment

Pandorum - Good god, AVOID! Nuff said.

Comment

I saw Speed Racer this week and I enjoyed a lot more than I feared I would.

The little brother could have been really annoying, but I think he succeeded in being pretty funny. Helped that his best mate was a chimp though.

The story wasn't astounding, but I felt the emotion in the final race.

However the main thing that impressed me was the visuals on display. Wow! It looked amazing. I loved the fight scene which was like a stylised 60's Batman fight but with kung-fu.

Yeah, I liked it, all in all!

Comment

Working...
                                X