No announcement yet.

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from taking my nephew to see it. Some of the action sequences were quite good, but it was awful on the whole. It's bad when console games look more impressive than big budget hollywood blockbusters!

Comment

Loud, over the top, action packed, fun, and a lot of Star Wars references.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
        Old as the hills but any excuse to post these again
        I was hoping for some sort of reference to these during the film but alas no. I'll echo the enjoyable but ****e sentiment with regards to the quality of the film. Now get off my ice you little wankers.

Comment

This was funniest films I'd seen at the cinema in ages, Adebesi's attempt at a Larn dun accent was brilliant!

Comment

I saw this the other day with a mate. To be honest I wasn't expecting much and I was sort of expecting it to be laughably bad, but it wasn't at all. Really enjoyed it, loads of action, some great ideas and things going on! Great entertainment, and I'd be more than happy to see it again. As said kids would love this sort of film I reckon.

I enjoyed this more than Transformers 2 to be honest.... and I that redhead in it

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
              This was funniest films I'd seen at the cinema in ages, Adebesi's attempt at a Larn dun accent was brilliant!
              According to IMDB:

Born and raised in London, England, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje began his career as a model in Milan before moving to Los Angeles to make the transition to acting.
              He didn't say a lot, but I thought he was alright. It's often very jarring having a non-posh Brit voice in a film populated with American accents; though maybe he was directed to over-do it.

I'm surprised they didn't add subtitles for Eccleston, you know how those American audiences are

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                Wan't as bad as Ecclestone's attempt at a Scottish accent. So bad

Comment

Enjoyable crap is a good summing up. Had no idea Adebesi was gonna be in it, that was a plus point.

I actually used to read the old Action Force comics and I wonder if they got the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow back story right. I thought they had a long history and don't remember their childhood being covered but I probably stopped reading/buying the comics by then.

I enjoyed it more than Transformers 2 also, but although I saw it last night I can hardly remember any outstanding moments so it must be not that good.

The film hardly paused for a minute though, all action.

Comment

Back from seeing this and it was OK I guess. The action scenes were fun but they were so CGI'd and looked so fake a lot of the time I didn't really get into them, the Paris scene was pretty good though. I read this film cost $150 million and I'd love to know where most of the budget went, into Stephen Sommers pocket I bet.

Most of the cast were uniformly awful, Channing Tattum is as wooden as Keanu Reeves, if not worse. Chris Eccleston and Sienna Miller had two of the worst accents I've ever heard in a film along with that fella with the 'alright matey' accent. Marlon Wayans shouldn't be allowed in any films, ever.

Some of the stuff in the film just cracked me up especially with the

Plane that you need to think in Gaelic to fire. Are you ******* kidding me ? I never thought I'd see a film rip off Firefox 'Think in Russian!'

I also laughed my arse of at the flashback scenes as well, Channing Tatum sitting on a motorbike and looking all sad. Storm Shadow's character having a little tear in his eye when thinking back, he's emotional don't you know

I did however enjoy the complete disregard for human life. Snake Eyes was cool as well. Of course the ladies were looking very nice too, a nice bonus.

Overall though, I'd be honest and say I enjoyed Transformers 2 more as a summer blockbuster, a lot of that is admittedly due to seeing my childhood hero up on screen kicking ass. GI Joe was fun enough but I've no desire to ever see it again.
                    Last edited by mr_woo; 09-08-2009, 20:35.

Comment

Sommers got very little bar a p45

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                        Sommers got very little bar a p45
                        Oh? What happened there then?

Got back from watching it tonight. Good brainless fun and the flashbacks were slotted in quite alright I thought (most films are overbearing with these where as this film just got on with it.)

More hand-to-hand and less blasters please!

Comment

MTV have just reported that it took $562million over the weekend

which in real money is $56.2million

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                            Oh? What happened there then?

Got back from watching it tonight. Good brainless fun and the flashbacks were slotted in quite alright I thought (most films are overbearing with these where as this film just got on with it.)

More hand-to-hand and less blasters please!
                            Poor testing and attitude on set led to him to being locked out of the editing room

Comment

Weird film this one. I thought it was reasonable as a kids comic turned into a action film. I thought they did a good job, if that was the intention. Some of the CGI was amazing, then some was truly terrible. One bit that stands out was the base in the desert when the crater opens up...looked rubbish. The stuff in Paris was very impressive.

Comment

Goodness me that was terrible, it made me laugh so I stayed entertained though.

I swear there is a bit of inbreeding going on, everyone seemed related.

The CG desert was great, looked like it had been ripped out of an PS1 launch title FMV.

Just found this

Last edited by EvilBoris; 13-08-2009, 17:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X