Worst bond movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
    I quite liked TWINE mainly because I think Sophie Marceau was one of the best female leads in any Bond and he ends up shooting her which was quite unusual too.
    o.O

Sophie "I can't act my way out of a paper bag" Marceau? Best female lead? Are you serious?

I mean, Bond girls usually are accessories at best, but this is the woman we kicked out of our movie industry only for the Americans to send her back in TWINE with a "no thanks" note. Used as the central villain for the movie. Like, as a character who'd usually be somebody of Auric Goldfinger's class.

I'm at a loss for words. You Brits are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
      Another vote for 'The Moore' as the best Bond here. Being from Scotland there is always a lot of pro Connery propaganda in conversations for the best Bond, but for me Moore IS James Bond.
      the thing is if i had to vote for the best bond, it would be Connery

but every one of my favourite bond movies has Moore as bond

weird...

Comment

Personally, I reckon Dalton was the best..

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post

but every one of my favourite bond movies has Moore as bond

weird...
          Better cars, birds and gadgets. I'm the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat View Post
            o.O

Sophie "I can't act my way out of a paper bag" Marceau? Best female lead? Are you serious?

I mean, Bond girls usually are accessories at best, but this is the woman we kicked out of our movie industry only for the Americans to send her back in TWINE with a "no thanks" note. Used as the central villain for the movie. Like, as a character who'd usually be somebody of Auric Goldfinger's class.

I'm at a loss for words. You Brits are crazy.

Sorry but I've always liked that pouty, sullen, sulky Gallic type of actress where you can't quite work out if there is anything going on behind the prettiness. Sophie Marceau reminded me of two of my favourites from the '80s: Emmanuelle Beart and Isabelle Adjani, the latter another French star who didn't really make it in Hollywood.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Timothy Dalton's bond, added a bit of a darker edge to the character which we are now seeing again in Daniel Craig. In order (only actors who have been bond more than once):

Dalton
              Connery
              Brosnan
              Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Believeddog View Post
                I'm a huge fan of Timothy Dalton's bond, added a bit of a darker edge to the character which we are now seeing again in Daniel Craig. In order (only actors who have been bond more than once):

Dalton
                Connery
                Brosnan
                Moore
                QFT

Apart from the real order is (imoh)
                Dalton
                Craig
                Connery
                Moore
                Brosnan

Best films : Diamons are forever/Licence to Kill
                Worsts : Octopussy/Die Another Day

Comment

I think me fave is probably the Spy Who Loved Me due entirely to Barbara Bach. That red dress get-up at the end, getting soaked - oh yes.

"Concentrate Bond, there's a couple of life buoys behind you."

Comment

Read this morning Jonathan Pryce is dead on telextext but cant find out anywhere else about it. Hope not as I really liked him in Tommorow never dies (and of course Jumping Jack flash and Ronin).

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                      Read this morning Jonathan Pryce is dead on telextext but cant find out anywhere else about it. Hope not as I really liked him in Tommorow never dies (and of course Jumping Jack flash and Ronin).

Maybe mixing him up with this guy http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7554044.stm

Who was also in Tomorrow Never Dies

Comment

Ah cheers m8 I thought they had got it wrong.

Comment

I saw Octopussy tonight on ITV4, watched it through with the gf. She enjoyed it (never seen it before) but I was surprised at how **** it was.

When I was a very small kid, back in 83, me and my bro were bunged into this seafront Morecambe cinema to watch this 9 weeks in a row, whilst my mum went to play bingo. We both loved it back then ("it's all in the wrist") but it is a boring floss in this this day and age. Even if I turned back to weed, this ****'d be bad.

I'm now in a stage of re-watching Roger Moore Bonds and realising how **** they are. Moonraker and Live And Let Die will be the final acid tests...

Comment

Moore brought a hint of comedy to the role which is why he was so good, for me at least.
                            Dalton was a hard nut though and it's a shame that the legal wrangles and delays came as he was just to explore the role.

Comment

Not directly film related but if you were going to try and pick the worst Bond theme ever then... I'd feel quite comfortable going with Another Way to Die for Quantum which Radio 1 just played and it is G.O.D A.W.F.U.L

Comment

Oooh, who's it by?

EDIT: Holy crap, that was a quick Wiki edit.

Jack White and Alicia Keys? Interesting...

Comment

Working...
                                X