Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. But keep Eva Longoria for me please

T-Bag from Prison Break does my head in, I hope he comes to a very gruesome ending.

Whaaaaaaat?! He's my favourite PB character!

Comment

Lol well tv characters or just generally irritating people on tv will do

janice in friends.....though she was supposed to be irritating

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        Lol well tv characters or just generally irritating people on tv will do

janice in friends.....though she was supposed to be irritating
        Speaking of Friends - Monica (Courtney Cox) was horrendous, screaming 'I Know!' in an irritating voice all the time does not constitute comedy.

Comment

I really hated it in Friends when any of them pretended to be drunk. Their acting always reached a new low in those dark days. It's as if none of them had every really had a drink, no-one acts like that when drunk.
          You cannot hush me.

Comment

lol you're drunk haha

monday night for chrissake! even I feel bad drinking on a monday night and I'm an unemployed bum. I guess working allows you to do such things though

Comment

Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

When I first saw it in 2003, when BBC2 stuck two episodes on back to back on a Sunday night (I think...), I thought it was absolute genius, funny as f*ck. I was *actually* going nuts with depression around that time and it was one of the things that seriously saved me from chucking myself in front of a bus(!!) Sad but true.

I eventually got Season 1 and it was ace, then Season 2, which was still pretty ace, and Season 3, which wasn't as good as Season 1 & 2, but still ace - at certain points - in its own way.

I'm trying to watch the whole thing chronologically, and I recently borrowed Season 4 from a friend and the 'preset humor formation' is getting cloying and monstrously irritating. I mean, how many f*cking plots about lost shoes and phones and wallets and fluff and chaff and chad and f*ck, and the resultantly "hilarious" consequences of such events, can one man bide???!

How many snidey-arse Larry comments are we expected to go along with. He's a baldy tosser, make no mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007 View Post
                Speaking of Friends - Monica (Courtney Cox) was horrendous, screaming 'I Know!' in an irritating voice all the time does not constitute comedy.
                This brings up an issue for me. You see, I totally agree with you. She's a pain in the hole. But then some people will counter that by saying she is meant to be annoying.

And yet, for me, that doesn't make her any less annoying.

Annoying by design is still annoying. That applies to that guy from Red Dwarf when he was in that other show and Victor Meldrew or whatever he's called. If I'd want to punch them if they were sitting beside me, why would I find them funny watching them on television?

Comment

Gok Wan :S

Comment

Dogtanian:

Everyone who has ever been in f*cking Hollyoaks:

I like PB and 24 but these two need to speak up and stop f*cking whispering:

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm.

When I first saw it in 2003, when BBC2 stuck two episodes on back to back on a Sunday night (I think...), I thought it was absolute genius, funny as f*ck. I was *actually* going nuts with depression around that time and it was one of the things that seriously saved me from chucking myself in front of a bus(!!) Sad but true.

I eventually got Season 1 and it was ace, then Season 2, which was still pretty ace, and Season 3, which wasn't as good as Season 1 & 2, but still ace - at certain points - in its own way.

I'm trying to watch the whole thing chronologically, and I recently borrowed Season 4 from a friend and the 'preset humor formation' is getting cloying and monstrously irritating. I mean, how many f*cking plots about lost shoes and phones and wallets and fluff and chaff and chad and f*ck, and the resultantly "hilarious" consequences of such events, can one man bide???!

How many snidey-arse Larry comments are we expected to go along with. He's a baldy tosser, make no mistake.
                      Did you know that for the most part, all of C.Y.E. was improvised

Comment

The dialogue is improvised. The comedy setups - the 'sit' in 'sitcom' - are planned.

Comment

Cody Willis from Neighbours, who talked as if her teeth were wired together, and whose hair made me long to attack it with garden sheers.

Comment

In fairness its not just the characters but everything that annoys me about this show from the phunky slap bass that happens every few minutes to the painfully unfunny observational stand up show at the end. DIE ALREADY!!!

Comment

Oh and all of this lot...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                The dialogue is improvised. The comedy setups - the 'sit' in 'sitcom' - are planned.
                                Sorry, that's what I meant - still impressive though, despite whether you enjoy it or not - quality show in my book

Comment

Working...
                                X