No announcement yet.

Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well considering ol' Batman did that firstperson bit, i'm hoping he does something similar with the SF film. god knows what that'd be, though.

life bars, maybe? no wait they did those in the DOA film

hopefully some proper cgi fireballs, and a dragon punch or two.

although what with future cops and that youtube streetfighter series thingy, it's got some tough acts to follow

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper View Post
      i thought the first film was pretty damn lu1zy
      Yeah, it's a real Showgirls kind of thing. I watched it when it was on TV a while back while having a few beers and had a great time because the whole thing's such a bloody trainwreck.

Comment

I may dig it out for a watch with beer sometime soon!

Comment

i liked the anime movie

Comment

Thats cos the anime is awesome (but the Alpha anime is boring as hell)!

I think it's possible to make this into a decent film. I do like DOA for what it is - me and the girlfriend had a great time watching it - it's really cheesy but it's supposed to be. Streetfighter could also work in a more serious, Ong Bak sort of style. The original film went for cartooniness - add some grit to it and a strong story (which will be like Mortal Kombat no doubt in that they round up world fighters for a fight) and it could be so good. Have them all coming together to face the all powerful Bison, then.

Grounding it to the real world and then explaining fireballs and the like is a challenge, but it's not impossible.

Comment

The major problem with videogame to movie translations, is simply the fact that the only people who are really going to be interested in the movie are the fans of the game.

The fans of the game, are going to to be very critical, and simply won't accept things that don't seem right.

StreetFighter worked as an anime, because the medium is extravagant and allows for a lot of creative freedom. The only way to make a a good movie of a game, is to be very clever and committed. Most videogame movies in the past have been a mess, and simply rubbish.

Comment

I doubt this will top what the original movie also failed to beat

Street Fighter from Korea!Full version:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5BNHYQXB

another thought, what if michael bay directed this one? I bet he'd prolly cast will smith and martin lawrence as ken/ryu or summit

Comment

the fireballs would look good at least

Comment

Hehe No Ken or Ryu in this new movie.

That's one way to keep the fans happy; leave out all the cherished characters so they can't be bastardised.

Comment

Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang from Smallville) is Chun Lee apparently.
                      There go your panty-shots.

Comment

Yeah, there's a SF movie blog (apparently official) somewhere that has info. The blog feels like a piss take. Train wreck in progress.

Here's the blog - http://streetfightermovie.net/

Check out the cast here - http://streetfightermovie.net/?page_id=9

Black Eyed Peas gob****e as Vega. Robin Shou from MK as Gen. Some guy as Charlie. Some... other... people... yeah, train wreck.
                        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 24-06-2008, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Yeah, there's a SF movie blog (apparently official) somewhere that has info. The blog feels like a piss take. Train wreck in progress.

Here's the blog - http://streetfightermovie.net/

Check out the cast here - http://streetfightermovie.net/?page_id=9

Black Eyed Peas gob****e as Vega. Robin Shou from MK as Gen. Some guy as Charlie. Some... other... people... yeah, train wreck.
                          Not again..... and that wierd guy will never be as pretty as the game Vega...

Comment

The girl who plays chun-li isn't even chinese... This has the Van Damme movie written all over it.

Comment

The blog says that this is the role Michael Clarke Duncan "was born to play". LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                                The girl who plays chun-li isn't even chinese... This has the Van Damme movie written all over it.
                                Apparently she is a 1/4 Chinese.......... i dunno, is that even possible? Twice removed i guess....... I dont really care, she hot so thats all that matters...........

Im taking the name change from EAST 2 WEST with the Vega, Balrog, M.Bison is still the Western one right?

Oh and LOL @ Dogg Thang's Gob****e <--- what is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X