No announcement yet.

Karate Kid remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone catch Will Smith on Radio 1 the other day? He was discussing Hancock 2, Legend 2 and this. He said it's def set in China and might be abandoning the Karate Kid name as they might be after distancing it from the original and it doesn't feature any karate

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
      You're being too forgiving.

Everyone went to school. Everyone did geography. China and Japan are two entirely separate countries.

People should know that much at least, whether they can tell the peoples apart or not.
      It's the same though for their views of about foreigners. I have had many Japanese say that all Europeans (whites) look the same. My reply is normally along the lines of, so somebody from Portugal or Greece looks similar to a Swede or a Briton, etc.? If they can't see the ethnic differences then they are blind or stupid. Perhaps even both...

Comment

True, but once again, I was referring to the countries, not the people.

Comment

Trust me, the majority definitely don't know the geography... I frequently have to explain that Scotland is not in England to Japanese people - in fact, it's not just the Japanese people I meet - my American boss called me English, I corrected him and he said "whatever, same thing"

Comment

and now the trailer is out

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

erm...

At least hes not called Mr Miyagi. Apparently hes called Mr Han
            Last edited by RobRoy; 03-01-2010, 17:14.

Comment

Well I smiled at least, liked the chopsticks bit at the end.
              Looked ok

Comment

Hmmm. I'm pretty against this, but at least it looks like it's not just a carbon copy. The 80's version was special because of the era, and the "evil" Corbra Kai. Trying to directly remake this would have been suicide.

I do hate the way that Will Smith seems to be moulding his offspring though.

Comment

Awful, awful and awful.

Comment

What a bunch of horse ****
                    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Why is that stupid hip hop track in every trailer now? As if to demonstrate the lead going through physical and mental hardship. Its getting beyond a joke now.

If anything this film looks more like a parody of the original rather than remake/homage.

Comment

Watched this over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. Treats the premise pretty seriously and really puts across the kids position well. He's bullied but for once isn't a down an out loser, more just wrong place at the wrong time. As nostalgic as the original is, this makes a mockery of it.

Comment

Watched this on Sky today. Not as bad as it could have been, largely thanks to the fight tournament section at the end (quiff boy is amazing!) and the God like presence of Jackie Chan, but Will Smith's little ****e of an offspring needs a good slap.

3/5 Skulls compared to the original's 5/5 Skulls.

Comment

Working...
                          X