Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Torino - absolute classic in the making

Comment

I had the misfortune of seeing Slaughtered Vomit Dolls recently & thats just awful on so many levels
      I hear nothing but bad things; but then I guess that's the point, right!?

Gore films are fine, but the current trend of snuff-esque revenge flicks attempting to convey a 'moral message', or even revitalise a genre that was arguably a product of its time during the pre-ratings era of home video, seems ridiculous. I see little connection between the 'revenge' or even 'video-nasty' films of the late 70's and early 80's and what is being produced now; although I'm sure the creators and 'fans' of this current stock would think otherwise. Anyway that's me off my soapbox.
      Last edited by Escape-To-88; 03-03-2009, 10:42.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

The Punisher.

Comment

You can see how the un-initiated can mistake the current run of Snuff-esque movies as being real.

I do somethimes wonder how these sort of movies get released...surely someone somewhere should be questioning their existence??

I also fail to see how people get any sort of enjoyment from these movies...I have on numerous occasions felt dirty watching this style of film & always say never again, but then something comes along that is supposed to push the genre even further & then the morbid curriosity sets in to see if I can manage to make it through whatever they offer in one sitting.
          I'm yet to do it I hasten to add...SVD took 4 seperate viewings to get the whole way through, The August Underground stuff was at least 2 sitting per film & they are all movies that I'll never repeat view ever

Anyway back on topic there is apparantly an unofficial sequel to I Spit on Your Grave...

A little movie by the title I Spit on Your Corpse, I P**s on your Grave (Catchy!!) apparantly it's not that bad.
          Tempted to add it to the collection but I'll look for a cheap copy before I part with any cash.

Neil

Comment

A segment from the late show where they reviewed movies. This is Tony Martin looking at Jaws: The Revenge

OMFG this guy is a riot!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
              Nobody does revenge like Lee Marvin - it's gotta be Point Blank. I have a feeling they remade this recently?
              yeah, Payback (Mel Gibson) mentioned earlier in the thread.

Something not gory or overtly violent, yet still a great revenge movie is Swimming With Sharks with Kevin Spacey. Good film.

Comment

Another shout for Dead Man's Shoes. Tis quality.

Really gritty revenge flick and easily one of my favourite films.

Comment

Working...
                X