• Show
Clear All

Of course, not one for kiddies this (tho

the cartoon bit in the shed was brilliantly childish

).

Comment

THat bit was ripped nearly shot for shot from EDII

Comment

Really? Not seen it for ages. I thought she was straying into Ash territory now and then

When she was driving to the grave yard saying "I'm gonna get some"

Off to see Terminator Salvation tomorrow, this is a very tough act to follow!

Comment

I enjoyed this even though every single scene seemed to be just another excuse for someone to spew some kind of bodily fluid all over the main characthers face....

Also alot of the stuff was just Raimi copying his own work, could he not do anything original?

flying eyeballs and laughing moose heads...

. And why did the main characther ocasionaly seem to have a personality break and turn into Ash from The Evil Dead?. That was very odd...

Still was fun though.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 01-06-2009, 23:49.

Comment

Wasn't as good as I was expecting, and didn't think much of the ending

like she would want the button/jacket again

Comment

Well I watched this and my first reaction is WTF?!

I actually don't know if enjoyed it or hated it, very strange. It was more gross out comedy than horror. I actually said "What the ****?!" out loud when

the corpse of that old lady spewed that fluid all over the chicks face

. That was just pure gross.

I was expecting to jump at every "scary" moment but I didn't at all. I actually laughed at most of the film (dunno if that's good or bad) especially the part with the

talking goat

Comment

I thought it was excellent. I'm a big Raimi fan and i wasn't let down at all.
                I had some trepidation due to the US PG-13 rating but i found it more effective than 99% of 18 cert movies out there.

I probably watch a few horror movies every week and consider myself a bit of a grue veteran and this movie made me jump a few times which hasn't probably happened since i was a teenager (which is some years ago now!).

I love the way he builds tension, you know the scare is coming, but somehow it still manages to get you. The whole goat sequence was pure Evil Dead and the movie was chock-full of great/gross/funny moments.

More please Sam.

Comment

I laughed like a drain during the bit when

the lass hosed blood from her nose over her boss

. Raimi has a talent for combining horror with comedy. Not an easy thing to do. There's not many horror-comedies that get the balance right. I think he got it just right with this.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                    Well I watched this and my first reaction is WTF?!

I actually don't know if enjoyed it or hated it, very strange. It was more gross out comedy than horror. I actually said "What the ****?!" out loud when

the corpse of that old lady spewed that fluid all over the chicks face

. That was just pure gross.

I was expecting to jump at every "scary" moment but I didn't at all. I actually laughed at most of the film (dunno if that's good or bad) especially the part with the

talking goat

The clue is that its a Horror COMEDY....

So I'd say the fact that you laughed at it alot was a good thing...

Comment

Yeah I know what genre the movie is, no need to be condescending. Jeez, some people.

I was alluding to the fact that I didn't know if I was laughing with the film or at it, I think it was the latter.

Comment

Yeah I know what genre the movie is, no need to be condescending. Jeez, some people.

I was alluding to the fact that I didn't know if I was laughing with the film or at it, I think it was the latter.
                        The film was made to be laughed at, hence comedy-horror. Well done, you have now understood the concept of a comedy.

Comment

I actually meant laughed at in terms of how bad it was at times. Maybe you shouldn't try and assume things.

Wow, some people need to lighten up and stop being so bloody condescending. Simple fact is I didn't enjoy the film as much as some of you guys, move on.

I didn't call you're mum a whore or anything did I?! Jeez, this forum has some utter morons for members.
                          Last edited by ezee ryder; 12-06-2009, 15:51.

Comment

Wow, some people need to lighten up and stop being so bloody condescending. Simple fact is I didn't enjoy the film as much as some of you guys, move on.

I didn't call you're mum a whore or anything did I?! Jeez, this forum has some utter morons for members.
                            Calm down mate, obviously you're upset about Ronnie leaving you, so we'll leave it at that.

Comment

Jeez, this forum has some utter morons for members.
                              Post above proves my point. Utter moron.

Comment

Post above proves my point. Utter moron.
                                Lighten up lad, no need to take offence.

I apologise if I caused offence, seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X