Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anephric View Post
    Weapons? You're lookin' at 'em!

If you watch Action Jackson these days, you might be disappointed. Not a lot happens, especially in the way of actual action. The end bit's great though. Hot! Hotter! Hottest!
    the parody of him in I'm gonna get you sucka is pretty good

the door is ajar...... the door is ajar

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
      i also dont feel quite as open to attack here as i would anywhere else in reccomending this. i think its great in a "so bad its good" kind of way.

if youre unsure, check the lead actor, i expect that should sell the movie to a few
      I haven't seen it in years so my memory is really fuzzy but if you have seen that, you might want to check out the first film Mutronics as it was called when it was released straight to video for some bizarre reason. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101988/
      Probably complete arse today.

Comment

Can’t believe I forgot this classic:

Definitely has two feet firmly in the ‘so bad it’s good’ category. :P

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
        the first 2 transporter films are epic. third one wasnt bad either on second watch through. actually pretty much anything with jason statham is fantastic
        I keep seeing this on Sky but Jason Stathams American accent is so bad I end up turning off.

Comment

The FX in Mutronics are still great. Screaming Mad George's style is unlike anyone else's.

Comment

I loved Big Trouble in Little China when I was younger. I can't be sure it was 'kick ass' though, but the action was good. Kurt Russel. Legend. (he looks fab in Deathproof)

Comment

Hmmm...

Looks like you're after 80s/90s American action films that you may have missed, correct-a-mundo?

Bill Paxton is a wealth of gold!
              Monolith - Two cops investigating the murder of a young boy become invloved in a very secret project involving alien life.
              Trespass - Two Arkansas firemen get hold of a map that leads to a cache of stolen gold in an abandoned factory. (Ice Cube and Ice T in it too!)
              True Lies - When a secret agent learns of his wife's extra-marital affair, he pursues her and uses his intelligence resources in a job he kept secret from her.

How about Rutger Haeur:
              Wedlock - A male prison escapee heads for his hidden loot electronically attached to a female prisoner.
              Blind Fury - A blind Vietnam vet, trained as a swordfighter, comes to America and helps to rescue the son of a fellow soldier.
              Omega Doom - After earth is taken over by an army of robots, the small number of humans left are forced into hiding

Other films:
              Screamers with Peter "Robocop" Weller - On a distant mining planet ravaged by a decade of war, scientists have created the perfect weapon
              Dark Angel with Dolph Lungren - Jack Caine is a Houston vice cop who's forgotten the rule book.
              Cyberjack - In the near future Nassim, terrorist leader, storms computer company headquarters. His aim is deadly.
              Future-Kill - a story about frat boys lost in the big city while hunted by a violent leader and his elite gang of gun-happy guards.
              Hardware - It activates it exhilarates... it exterminates
              Dust Devil - He's not a serial killer. He's much worse.
              Trancers - 2247 collides with 1985 . . . when a 23rd century crime fighter heats it up in L.A., today.
              Robot Jox - It is post-World War III. War is outlawed. In its place, are matches between large Robots called Robot Jox
              Hell Comes To Frogtown - (Roddy Piper!) A new breed of enemy has taken over the world... Sam Hell has come to take it back.

And finally in BIG writing, because I love it...

Drive
              A prototype enhanced human, on the run from Chinese-hired hit men, hooks up with a dread-locked bystander...
              It's better than Rush Hour and Mark Dacascos is an astounding martial artist.

I trust that list will set you on your way!

Comment

Forgot about Sheen/Beihn/Paxton classic - Navy Seals

Comment

Ooooh Navy Seals!

Comment

This thread is like my second home! I love action films, love them. The trashier the better too.

Watched Lethal Weapon again on saturday night and they really don't make them like they used to. Fantastic film/series.

Other suggestions:

All of Seagals 80's and mostly 90's films

Crying Freeman

Showdown In Little Tokyo

you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man

Rapid Fire

Cobra

Universal Soldier

The Getaway (Steve McQueen version)

Best Of The Best 2

Dark Angel

'I come in peace!' 'and you go in pieces asshole!

Bad Boys 2 - my love for this film is infinite, it's so damn trashy, unashamed and revels in it's tastelessness. To have a big budget flashy action film that's like this is a dream for me. Love it.

I've also seen my fair share of Merhi/Pepin actioners, these were STV action films produced during the late 80's/90's. Most were pretty ****e but there were a few which were quite fun such as Zero Tolerance (Robert Patrick wants revenge and he's GONNA GET IT!) and The Silencers (mental Men In Black scifi nonsense with a cop kicking ALIEN ASS!)
                    Last edited by mr_woo; 22-06-2009, 13:02.

Comment

lol Robot Jox, remember watching that as a kid. Speaking of which what about Class of 1999. Cyborg Teachers teaching assholes of society. They should have schools like that now.

Comment

Class of 1999!

Teachers that are teriminators in a future world wear the social youth system has broken down. Malcolm McDowell & Pam Grier feature! Amazing.

Comment

I've actually got the (even cheaperer) cheapass sequel to that knocking about from the pound shop. I've been too scared to watch it, mind. I think they made a third as well.

Comment

I've never seen either class of 1984 (M.J.Fox!?!) or the substitute 1999 sequel, I feel there is a gaping hole in my life.

This cover looks so Savage Streets I can't quite contain myself.

Comment

Class of 1984's great. And, like Savage Streets, it has a fairly sleazy rape scene in it. It's not as ridiculously skeazy as Savage Streets, mind. Plus you're missing the obvious draw of Linda Blair's tits.

Comment

Are you going to follow this thread up by letting us know which films you've seen from our suggestions, SuperDanX?

Noobish Hat's avatar makes me think of Darkman, another of Sam Raimi's underrated classics!

I think I'm going to find Class of 1999. It's one of those films that, as a kid, I'd pick up the box and wonder how scary it was. Chopping Mall is another one that was probably never as scary as I thought...

Comment

Working...
                                X