No announcement yet.

Psychoville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was never a LoG fan but found myself watching this last night, and enjoying it.

That crossword joke was first class.

Comment

People should watch out for episode four by the way, shot entirely in one take (two technically due to a technical fault) but very very impressive apparently.

Comment

Anyone know if last nights episode is repeated? My Sky+ HD box seems to have completely ballsed up the recording. No sound and graphical blips now and then. Awesome <sigh>

edit: to answer my own question. No, its not. Great. iPlayer here I come

Comment

iPlayer indeed, unless you can download it from somewhere?

I loved it. The ebay stuff was magical!

Comment

Hmmm... Just watched tonights... it's losing me.

Comment

I like the way it was shot, but each episode seems to repeat the events of the previous one...hope it gets going soon, will stick with it.

Comment

Anyone watch last nights? It was the homage to Rope episode, all done in one take. It was really well done and probably the funniest of the lot so far. The Superman dancing was hilarious.

Comment

It was actually technically 2 takes, as they ran out of film!

Comment

Ep4 almost works as a fully self-contained skit. Brilliant stuff... I hope they have more episodes like that up their sleeves

Comment

Wipe my bum

Comment

Final episode tomorrow night! I do think this series has been excellent and will most definitely be getting the DVD (or the blu-ray ), if only for the play-like episode featuring David and his mum - that has been the high point of this series for me. Dawn French has been brilliant in this by the way
                        Last edited by funkydan; 29-07-2009, 08:13.

Comment

I've been getting increasingly bored with this, thought the play episode was rubbish and the story has been very poorly paced. We learnt they were all in a hospital together very early on and its not progressed enough since then.

There is the odd smile in it but after the start I've found it disappointing.

Comment

I'm a big League fan, but not really loving this. I'm not bored by it, I'm prepared to watch it to its conclusion, but that's about it.

Comment

@the last two posts - Really? Shame, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Horses for courses I guess.

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              ...thought the play episode was rubbish
                              I couldn't disagree with you more! I think that when an episode of a series is so good in every aspect that it could actually be a standalone one-off program in itself, that deserves some praise. Just to say it is 'rubbish' without quantifying that statement is a bit of a low blow!
                              Last edited by funkydan; 29-07-2009, 09:03.

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                                @the last two posts - Really? Shame, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Horses for courses I guess.

I couldn't disagree with you more! I think that when an episode of a series is so good in every aspect that it could actually be a standalone one-off program in itself, that deserves some praise. Just to say it is 'rubbish' without quantifying that statement is a bit of a low blow!
                                People generally dont like standalone episodes becuase they are filler, when you have an overarcing story people want to know whart happens next, they dnt want the story to go on hold for a week just becuase the writers have too many episodes slots compared to how much plot they have.

Comment

Working...
                                X