No announcement yet.

Christopher Nolan's INCEPTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 'Internet research' twitter slang for vigorous masturbation?

I often find that relaxes me after being dissapointed

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

this made me lol

slightly worried at the reviews now as I haven't seen it but bought my bro it for christmas, mistake?
      Last edited by dazzling_bubble; 19-12-2010, 22:46. Reason: only using one hand

Comment

It's a brilliant film. What happens is a smart, intelligent, well reviewed film comes out, and you always find some people who denounce it.

I find it difficult to believe anyone would pour scorn on this. Even if it's not your kind of film, it deserves a lot of respect for what they set out to achieve and the scale on which they painted their canvas. Intelligent summer blockbusters just don't exist, they don't get the funding. Nolan has real financial clout, Warner's huge confidence in him.

I think this is one of best reviewed films of the year. Stands a good chance of an Oscar nomination. It will open the doors to more adult summer films. It's intelligent and doesn't pander to the audience - you have to keep up, the movie won't keep chucking reminders at you. Expertly directed, well shot, great performances. Compelling story that will keep you thinking long after it's finished.

There's a real chance in 20 years time this will be held as highly as classics such as The Godfather.

In other words, you've nothing to worry about. You may not enjoy it, we all like different things afterall, but spending a few hours watching it will hardly be a mistake. Just don't go in wanting to dislike it; a film this hyped and this discussed, this intelligent, can make people hate it on principle. Give it a go

Comment

Looking forward to watching this one over Christmas. Have heard good things even from people who didn't like other Nolan-movies.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post

I find it often leaves me disappointed.

Perhaps you could come and show me how you do it?

Comment

Saw it last night and enjoyed it, I can see why some people wouldn't like it though, as it aches to be so clever clever, always interesting to watch though.

Comment

thinking about it thats my main beef with it, it aches to be clever clever but doesn't have much more depth than Avatar, a film that got slated for crass story.

sure people will say I've missed something but the story is a silly whats real/whats dream with a shoehorned in bit of love interest.

I like Nolan films but he's in danger of becoming the new M Night-Shaymalan if he thinks you always have to cram some deceit into every story.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                  I like Nolan films but he's in danger of becoming the new M Night-Shaymalan if he thinks you always have to cram some deceit into every story.
                  WTF!?! You must be on crack man.

How can you compare Nolans track record with Night? IMO Night has never made a good film, hated all his efforts. The best thing he's done recently is Devil which I dont think he even got involved in apart from name alone.

I dont think Momento is as good as people hark on, havnt seen The Prestiege but BB, DK and Inception have cemented Nolans place in history as far as Im concerned. He's up there with Speilberg and co as far as adventure story telling. He could do stinkers from here till death but we'd know his hits wont have been fluke but skill.

Your point about deceit being crammed in? I think he's just a cynic at heart but the journey he sends you through the process makes it worthwhile IMO.

Comment

Im sorry to Merf but comparing those two directors is absolubte craziness.

I did actualy like the 6th sense a lot but since then that guy hasnt made a single worthwhile film.

Nolan on the other hand is an increadable film maker, his films are, in general, nothing short of magnificent.

For the record I dont think Inception is really about the dreamworld and what or not is real, that stuff is there on the surface level but the film, much like the world the people in the film inhabit, has many layers too it.

At its heart its a film about a mans loss of his wife and how he comes to terms with that, and I think that asspect is done quite beautfully, but it also works in many other ways too. Its also wonderfuly made, the unique way in which the story is depicted could have gone horribley wrong, but Nolan directs it so expertly that it all works so well and just left me in awe if Im honest. Its an astonishing peice of work.
                    Last edited by rmoxon; 20-12-2010, 13:08.

Comment

Agree I don't think there is any question of false reality in Inception - barely at all, infact if anything the final shot is more a joke than a potential plot point.

I'm not sure at what point the film tries to be clever, there is some bad scripting and dodgy pacing at times but I never feel any smugness at play.
                      Last edited by Baseley09; 20-12-2010, 13:11.

Comment

Inception isn't really clever at all, it's just good at sticking to the (completely arbitrary) rules of its own universe. It's no more intelligent than any of Nolan's other films.

Comment

Well Inception isnt so much intellgent (if there even truley is such a thing as an "intellegent" peice of film) as it is one of the most well thought out films I have ever seen. It has increadable depth and the way its made is jaw dropping, it ticks all the right boxes and pulls all the right strings and does it all in so many ways that you could say it has the value of multiple films.

Basicaly, it dosent matter how smart you think it is, the fact is that its just really really really good.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                            Basicaly, it dosent matter how smart you think it is, the fact is that its just really really really well shot.
                            Amended for accuracy

Comment

Well that too, but I think the story is good, the ideas it has are great and the acting is generaly perfect in it.

Comment

Got to laugh when a film that strives to treat people as intelligent, is criticised for that very thing

Oh well, different strokes and all that Saying that though, Merf you're mad!

Comment

Working...
                                X