Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't that keen on Fortitude and give it up after two episodes.

So pleased lots of shows are returning in June, sure I've only watched Bones and Game of Thrones in May.
    June returns for me; Power, The Last Ship, True Detective, Orange Is New Black, Under The Dome. Happy days again.

Comment

Same for me with fortitude - maybe 2-3 episodes and gave up

Since Wednesday when the family went to meet their new nephew in Birmingham I've just been catching up on everything that I haven't had a chance to start, so watched:

house of cards Season 3
      Love the show and one of Netflix greatest creations and still good, ends with a potential S4 in the mix

powers
      It's alright, about a police division called powers who hunt down enabled people doing bad stuff but the entire season kinda is set around a character called wolf played by Eddie izzard - if nothing else is on give it a try

better call saul
      I enjoyed it but felt sorry for him, no matter what he tried always ended up badly for him but did enjoy cons he did to get money out of people. - best character was the ex Philly cop car part attendant

Looking forward to Orange is the new black even though I hate the character piper, just too needy the love for the show is all the other characters, I enjoyed the first season of the last ship but it's now under the control of a new station so hopefully it remains good and obviously true detective is a given - but might try and smash in Aquarius before any of those start

Comment

Banshee starts on Sky Atlantic on Thursday

If you haven't seen it - watch it because it's awesome

Comment

Another recommendation for Banshee, very far-fetched but great casting and characters. Females are pretty on the eye too.

Comment

Don't know what you mean 'far fetched'

Just about a little quiet town in America

Comment

I can't wait for this!

15th Anniversary Special of TFI Friday!

"15 years after Chris Evans' anarchic chat show TFI Friday ended, it's back for one night only on June 12th. Yesterday Evans revealed the line-up and it includes Brit-poppers for all those viewers nostalgic for the series' late 90s heyday: old rivals Blur and Liam Gallagher.Roger Daltrey, Stone Roses and Primal Scream bassist Mani and The Lightening Seeds' Ian Broudie will also be making an appearance, Evans confirmed on Twitter:

"Morning Y'All. Just confirmed for TFi Friday, Roger Daltry, Mani, Ian Broudie, Zac Starkey, Rudimental, Blur, Years & Years, Liam Gallagher."

Yesterday he answered the questions of tweeters eager to know whether pub trickster 'Will' (YES), original writer Danny Baker (YES) and the Freak or Unique segment would also be making a comeback (YES YES YES!), and if Samuel L Jackson was cast in Star Wars because of his appearance on TFI Friday (correct, replied Evans).
              The Ocean Colour Scene theme tune will also be heard, and the set crammed with a heckling audience will be "same but different," said Evans. "Bit of an issue. They knocked our old studio down two months ago. D'oh!"

When TFI Friday launched in 1996, it was broadcast live but that changed when Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder swore repeatedly on air (he's been barred from Channel 4 ever since). The time round it will presumably be pre-recorded before its 9pm broadcast.

Evans has been posting countdown videos on YouTube and in the latest Dolly Parton, David Bowie and Hugh Grant are wildly applauded when they braved the enormously popular, defiantly unpredictable show."

Last edited by QualityChimp; 02-06-2015, 12:58.

Comment

Heard this was coming a few days back, never enjoyed the show back then to be honest, but will give this episode a whirl.

Comment

“Ben 10” creators Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, Duncan Rouleau and Steven T. Seagle are set to create, write and executive produce a new TV series based on Capcom’s iconic video game “Mega Man” for Dentsu Entertainment. The project has yet to be set up at a network. The group are developing a new twenty-six episode […]

For the 30th anniversary in 2017, the creators of Ben 10 are creating and writing a new 26 episode TV series of Mega Man.

Comment

Struggling to find anything I want to watch next.

Have finished Burn Notice, White Collar, Leverage, Warehouse 13, Castle.
                    Now what? Ideally something with a little humour. All the stuff I've tried since has been very sterile and haven't made it past the first ep.
                    Life
                    Graceland
                    Unbreakable Kimmy (er... not funny?)
                    Tried first season of Breaking Bad, but it's not for me (I kept at it due to rave reviews).

I'm sort of enjoying Arrow enough to keep going. Is the Flash any better?
                    Continuum is great.
                    Subjecting myself to Daredevil, but not feeling it.
                    Will try Banshee.

Anything else I should give a shot base on the above madness!??!
                    That Blindspot trailer looks greeeaaattt!!! Can't wait for that.

Comment

The Blacklist?

Comment

Funny wise, you ever tried Californication or Entourage Charles?

Comment

Tried Entourage, but not Californication. Isn't the latter on Netflix? Might give that a shot. Blacklist is on US netflix too I think, so will queue that up. Cheers.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 02-06-2015, 19:27.

Comment

New Netflix series out on Friday called Sense 8.

There's a series called Bordersdown coming!?

Comment

If you're enjoying Arrow enough I'd give Flash a go, it's the best of the two and bit more light and eventful than Arrow.

Me and the missus are continuing our catch up of stuff whilst we wait for Orphan Black and Penny Dreadful to wrap up so we can binge. We needed something for tea time watching and she's very quickly torn through the first four seasons of Big Bang Theory which I didn't expect. Gonna try Modern Family next.

Other than that we just finished Season 10 of Supernatural, storyline was somewhat drawn out this season and Crowley was criminally under used but the finale was cracking.

Now we're lined up to work through:

-Second half of Daredevil (It's really hard work and hasn't remotely wowed us like the reviews gushed over it but it built up enough for us to stick with it for now)
                              -First half of Season 2 of Farscape (hardest one to get the missus to watch, slow but steady progress now)
                              -Approaching halfway through Season 1 of Lost (she wants more island mystery, I'm still finding it very interesting to rewatch knowing how it pans out)
                              -Orange is the New Black season 2 (It does feel like the comedic elements are pretty much gone from this now but it's shifted more away from Piper, the worst lead character in recent history, and is the better for it)
                              -Almost halfway through Season 1 of X-Files (it's still drier and slower than I remember but the main plot is starting to rear its head)

Comment

Wachowskis and JM Strazynski co-writing Sense8 makes me a little hopeful, episode 1 seems...interesting so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X