Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt right through Z-Nation s2 this weekend enjoyed it. Back to Smallville tomorrow!

Comment

A new Amazon Prime series had an enjoyable opening episode. If you get a chance, take a look at Lucifer, based on DC's Sandman comic.

Comment

I'm still enjoying Mr. Robot and there was a tense hacking episode where they had to break into a secure datastore, but I'm not 100% where the show is going. It's definitely getting a lot darker. There are a few Amazon Prime shows I'd like to watch, but never enough time. Thanks for the Lucifer suggestion, [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION]. I need to watch Badlands first though.

I also watched the first episode of Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None", which is really good, but reminds me a lot of The Hateful Eight as a bunch of people are trapped in a room together and they;re all suspicious of each other. The first victim just died and it was a poisoning, just like TH8!

It's quite funny though, because there is murder, drug taking and all sorts of nefarious deeds, but DO NOT mention the N-word!

I nearly fell off my chair when my wife's Nan said it was on over Christmas and she told me the original title!

Comment

Anyone else been watching Making a Murderer?
          Very rare for me to binge watch anything but I got through this in a few days. Lots of dodgy stuff going on & leaves you questioning what really is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
            Very rare for me to binge watch anything but I got through this in a few days. Lots of dodgy stuff going on & leaves you questioning what really is going on.
            I watched it for a bit and didn't have any emotional connection with the 'victim'.
            As soon as it mentioned he threw a cat in a fire my wife lost interest

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
              Yeah, it's pretty scary how much questionable evidence can be a) present in one trial and b) overlooked by a jury.

If you found Making a Murderer compelling you should watch The Jinx. Best thing on tv last year.

Comment

Watching celebirty bake off. Blimey that blonde from eastenders scrubs up well.

Comment

Even the wife conceded that.

Had to do a quick image search to double-check, mind you.

Safe Search off.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

.. The first victim just died and it was a poisoning, just like TH8!
                    Was this before or after the Suburbia Classic Goal Sick run?

Comment

Finished Jessica Jones, solid all the way through and definitely thought more highly of it than Daredevil

Comment

Smallville: completed.

I think I enjoyed it better as a lonely 20-year old than as a grouch in his mid-30s. Too much teen-nonsense in the first 5-7 seasons. Clarke flip-flopped his way through the rest like a fish out of water. The SFX are still as good as they were, but the poor development, then retrograding, then a little more development, then some backpeddling, etc. was just boring by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Smallville: completed.

I think I enjoyed it better as a lonely 20-year old than as a grouch in his mid-30s. Too much teen-nonsense in the first 5-7 seasons. Clarke flip-flopped his way through the rest like a fish out of water. The SFX are still as good as they were, but the poor development, then retrograding, then a little more development, then some backpeddling, etc. was just boring by the end.

Not watched it in years but to be honest i got pretty fed up with the Kryptonite aspect of it.

Comment

Pity Young Montalbano has finished, some glorious shots of Sicily. Would love to go there.

Superbowl was great last night, glad Denver won.

Comment

Tonight gonna watch the first episode of SIlicon Valley, recently found out about it, heard good things.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                A new Amazon Prime series had an enjoyable opening episode. If you get a chance, take a look at Lucifer, based on DC's Sandman comic.
                                Things this has in common with the Vertigo comic

The main character is called Lucifer Morningstar

He has a club called Lux

And thats about it.

Which given the original gets pretty weird very quickly and is probably unfilmable is probably for the best.

Even so this is actually very watchable, thanks almost entirely to Tom Ellis' performance.

Its going to have to develop a bit more from the odd couple police procedural though to differentiate itself - currently its basically Castle with the Prince of Darkness in Nathan Fillion's role.

Comment

Working...
                                X