Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched the latest US episode of House. Starting to see things seemingly taking a turn for "the worse" in terms of behaviour of our favourite grumpy Dr.

Lots of shots of him taking Ibuprofen making you ask the question "Is it really Ibuprofen in the bottle...etc...

Only a few episodes left of this series so if it is going to get serious it must happen soon.

Comment

Just watching Aeon Flux what the blimming eck is this about ! Might watch Question Time instead !

Comment

Tried out a few comedy series recently.

East Bound and Down. Meh.

Arrested Development. I've only watched the odd episode before and I just started with the second Season today. The first season was flat with the odd funny bit every few episodes but I'm really starting to like the second season.
        A lot of people seem to put it on the same level or higher than Curb but Curb is miles ahead.

Flight of the Conchord
        . Only two episodes in. It's okay, no laughs but a few interesting ideas that will keep me watching intermittently.

Jack of All Trades. Enjoy it but it's played itself out and I'm only seven eps in. The pilot and the openings credits are the highlights so far.

I've also been watching Freaks and Geeks for the first time. Really enjoy it.

Comment

Finished up Arrested Development yesterday. Season two is by-far the best. One and Three are just good enough/passable.

This weeks episode of Community (S1E23: Modern Warfare) was fantastic. 20 Minutes of action movie homage/fan service. Best episode so far. I even watched it twice yesterday, some classic scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            Just watched the latest US episode of House. Starting to see things seemingly taking a turn for "the worse" in terms of behaviour of our favourite grumpy Dr.

Lots of shots of him taking Ibuprofen making you ask the question "Is it really Ibuprofen in the bottle...etc...

Only a few episodes left of this series so if it is going to get serious it must happen soon.
            If the spoilers I've read are correct...well, they don't need to back there. The show is better for his character change, and there's no need to go back, it's lazy writing.

That said, the very latest one insinuates that he's developing an
            problem, it was heartbreaking to see him reject
            in that manner.

Comment

Human Target finished it's first season in amazing style! Bring on S2!!

Got latest US House to watch tonight as well as Castle.

EDIT: It would appear that I have lost track of all time as I watched the Human Target finale (and posted about it 2 weeks ago!!
              Last edited by teddymeow; 09-05-2010, 07:56.

Comment

Human Target renewed for a second season.

Lie to Me picked up for a third.

Sweeet!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                  I've also been watching Freaks and Geeks for the first time. Really enjoy it.
                  This is a true hidden gem. I've watched my dvd box set countless times and it never fails to leave me with all the right feelings. Shame there were only ever 18 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    This is a true hidden gem. I've watched my dvd box set countless times and it never fails to leave me with all the right feelings. Shame there were only ever 18 episodes.
                    Still only a third of the way through it but it's a quality show.

"That's how we play in Treme Mother ****a."

Treme has finally hooked me. I've accepted what it is and will be. It won't get the same love that The Wire has rightfully received but it's a fantastic show that relies on the story and the music. I would say it doesn't rely on any cheap hooks but the music would probably fall in there.

Comment

The season finale of House was EPIC!

THAT is how you end a season. Gonna miss it though...

Comment

Just watched the Castle S2 finale and that was pretty sad stuff.

Still, it'll return in "the Fall" or whatever the Americans call it so all is good.

Comment

Anyone see the pilot of "Persons Unknown"? Crap title, but I really enjoyed it...I'd say Lost fans will love it as it has that kind of mysterious feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                            Just watched the Castle S2 finale and that was pretty sad stuff.

Still, it'll return in "the Fall" or whatever the Americans call it so all is good.
                            I'm only up to the end of series 1, tonight.

I didn't think much of that lass to start with, but she's grown on me.

Comment

Anyone watching Justified?

Quite enjoying it myself, good bit of old school law making with cowboy hats and quick draws, neo-nazis getting beat down/shot/made to look stupid, and just enough anger simmering away under the surface to suggest good things/bad times ahead.

Timothy Olyphant in lead role, reminds me quite a bit of his character in Deadwood - good man who can do bad things for the right reason.

Comment

Welp, virtually all of the American shows have finished now.

Burn Notice is back. Okay start to the new season. Penn and Teller's Bull**** is back as well.

Anyone know of or has been to a Cinema or local indie/private cinema that has done a TV show marathon where they play a good chunk of episodes with regular short intermissions and the odd long one?
                                Always fun to do that on your own but it would be an interesting experience if you had a large group that bought into the experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X