No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Best Of The Best - for discussing releases only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have Auto Contrast or anything like that on, do you? I think Panasonic call it "AI"...

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
      You don't have Auto Contrast or anything like that on, do you? I think Panasonic call it "AI"...
      Thats what I was thinking like the iris on my sony up full

Comment

Just watched Jesse James. One of the best movies of 2007 without doubt, and a fantastic blu-ray to match some scenes in it are just in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
          I can't find anything in the menu like that - there is a setting called "Colour Management" which "automatically adjusts colours to vivid ones." This was set to 'on' so I've turned it off.

Comment

Has anybody bothered to pick up The Sopranos Season 6 on BD yet? I've just noticed that it's region free and I'm tempted to pick it up.

Comment

Its way to expensive for me, no matter how much I want it

Comment

I watched Cars last night Best picture I have seen so far. Going to compare it with Corpse Bride on HD-DVD tonight.

Comment

I'd say CARS has the edge. Corpse Bride looks like it's gone through the usual Warner pre-softener, but it still looks very good.

Comment

Warner announced a few more upcoming BD titles at their 85th Anniversary party last night.

Here are some of the titles which were announced for Blu-ray release last night:
                    08Q1
                    • Bonnie and Clyde: Ultimate Collector's Edition
                    08Q2
                    • Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition Box Set (Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, Dead Pool, and Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows)
                    08Q3
                    • Batman Anthology
                    • Batman Begins: Limited Collector's Edition Box Set
                    • The Dark Night
                    08Q4
                    • Otis: Uncut
                    • Gone With the Wind
                    • North by Northwest
                    • The Wizard of Oz
                    • Woodstock
                    This is only a sampling of the titles coming to Blu-ray this year from the studio, and does not include all the theatrical titles coming to Blu-ray including 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Price' or other planned catalog titles. We'll keep this post updated when we get additional information.
                    Was the HD DVD version of Batman Begins listed as a Collector's Edition or should we be expecting additions to the package on BD?

They'll probably not sell any of any of the Batman Anthology titles which is a shame really.

Also...mmm Alfred Hitchcock in HD!!!

blu-ray.com

Comment

Box set tells me there's more to BB than just the movie and some bonus features, probably some merchandise too or something like that.

Comment

They took their time with that anouncement I could not go without sleep and not go to work lol
                        Happy with
                        • Bonnie and Clyde: Ultimate Collector's Edition
                        • Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition Box Set (Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, Sudden Impact, Dead Pool, and Clint Eastwood: Out of the Shadows)
                        • Batman Anthology
                        • Batman Begins: Limited Collector's Edition Box Set
                        • The Dark Night
                        • North by Northwest
                        Great news but I do not see Natural Born Killers Or True Romance

Comment

To be honest, I feel it's best not to worry about films which haven't been mentioned in announcements like this as they generally seem to pick a few genres from their catalogue titles in things like this.

The did also mention stuff like Harry Potter, Speed Racer etc as new titles but things like that will probably get far more specific announcements much later on, probably not that long after they hit the cinemas.

Comment

I guess but where is The Matrix and V for the fanboys @??

Comment

Mike i'd be more concerned at the fact you actually want that piece of trash Natural Born Killers to be re-released.

Comment

I quite enjoyed Natural Born Killers!

With any luck they'll be fully HDing The Matrix set before releasing it this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X