No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Best Of The Best - for discussing releases only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah man, I really want Gladiator in HD! It's ?14.99 over at Play.com, I have to stop myself buying it until they release a version with better PQ.

Must......resist.....

Comment

I got event horizon and twelve monkeys for the same price **** gladiator.
      The picture is not bad it's worthless, arrows have been removed due to noise removal.
      Also got my US copy of American warewolf in London
      Last edited by dvdmike; 07-09-2009, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
        I got event horizon and twelve monkeys for the same price **** gladiator.
        The picture is not bad it's worthless, arrows have been removed due to noise removal.
        Also got my US copy of American warewolf in London

Shocking. I'm glad I read this as I was gonna buy it on pay day, think I'll wait for a better transfer now!

Comment

FYI

Comment

Glad I still have my recording from 4HD it blows the BRD away

Mouseover http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/...2353/picture:6
            Watch the arrows vanish
            Last edited by dvdmike; 07-09-2009, 21:26.

Comment

Yeah, I couldn't believe they'd let that through when I first heard about it.

Comment

It has Encounters at The End of The World, Grizzly Man, The White Diamond, La Soufriere & The Flying Doctors of East Africa.
                All excellent choices John
                Only one I haven't seen is 'Encounters at the End...' Did start to watch it on a plane but thought you'd need a larger screen experience. Enjoy 'em!

Glad I still have my recording from 4HD it blows the BRD away
                Why oh why do they keep releasing movies on Blu-Ray without any significant upgrade? At this rate surely people will simply stick with DVD. I'm not asking for miracles on older titles, but if movies like Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day etc. can look great then why not f'kin 'Gladiator' for God's sake! It really pisses me off companies/studios etc. asking people to fork over even a tenner for something, in a few cases, inferior to DVD! Let alone the twenty bones most Blu-ray's are priced at in-store.

Surely there's something wrong with the fact that threads like this even exist, such is the hit-and-miss nature of Blu-ray PQ (that's obviously not to have a go at anyone starting or posting in this thread!!)
                Last edited by Escape-To-88; 08-09-2009, 18:52.
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Sony should have some sort of quality control, so that crap doesn't end up on their format. Similar to the fact that I'd never be able to put a flash game out as a PS3 disc title.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                    All excellent choices John
                    Only one I haven't seen is 'Encounters at the End...' Did start to watch it on a plane but thought you'd need a larger screen experience. Enjoy 'em!

Why oh why do they keep releasing movies on Blu-Ray without any significant upgrade? At this rate surely people will simply stick with DVD. I'm not asking for miracles on older titles, but if movies like Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day etc. can look great then why not f'kin 'Gladiator' for God's sake! It really pisses me off companies/studios etc. asking people to fork over even a tenner for something, in a few cases, inferior to DVD! Let alone the twenty bones most Blu-ray's are priced at in-store.

Surely there's something wrong with the fact that threads like this even exist, such is the hit-and-miss nature of Blu-ray PQ (that's obviously not to have a go at anyone starting or posting in this thread!!)
                    Dvd was and is worse than BRd in terms of QC

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                      Dvd was and is worse than BRd in terms of QC
                      true but after a few more years when blu ray isnt just for audio/videophiles i think it will go much the same way. really annoys me actually. I'd rather a movie was not released on blu ray at all if theyre not going to produce the best transfer possible

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        Sony should have some sort of quality control, so that crap doesn't end up on their format. Similar to the fact that I'd never be able to put a flash game out as a PS3 disc title.
                        It's not Sony's format. Sony's one of many companies with a hand in it, and it's administered by an independent body. See: Blu-ray Disc Association.

Comment

My AAWIL turned up today

Last edited by dvdmike; 09-09-2009, 17:44.

Comment

I think the important question is what are you going to spend that $5 Halloween candy cash on?!

Comment

If the answer isn't "Candy Willys" I'll be devastated.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X