• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, No I am 100% shure thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
      Gotta agree. For a 25 year old movie with the amount of SFX that Ghostbusters had I thought it looked great!

Although, the scene where the hell hound is chasing Rick Moranis had me lol'ing

Comment

It is dated, wondered why no matt line clean up like star wars

Comment

Looks like it's as good as it can look judging from stills. I've not seen it in motion though, but unless it suddenly changes, I don't see how it can be a mess.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
            well mate if you think ghostbusters has a better transfer than italian job 40th anniversary,then you need a trip to specsavers.Ghostbusters is a drab mess and considering thats its a sony release,they are doing a fine job at pushing their format

Comment

well mate if you think ghostbusters has a better transfer than italian job 40th anniversary,then you need a trip to specsavers.
              No, he doesn't. The Italian Job 40th Anniversary edition has been hit with the DNR stick and looks like a glossed-over mess, whereas Ghostbusters looks natural and filmic.

Direct screen caps: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post16667322

Obviously image quality is somewhat subjective, but in professional video circles, nobody could claim that The Italian Job is a good looking video transfer. If anything turned up with me for encoding looking like that (and I was in the position to barter), I'd tell them to start again and do it properly.
              Last edited by Lyris; 19-06-2009, 11:34.

Comment

Gonna pick up a copy of Ghostbusters on Blu-Ray with the game later today. It's only £13.71 in ASDA! Blu-Rays are definitely going down in price now. I picked up a copy of TMNT again for under £6 at some store in Sheffield Meadowhall the other week. Without sounding tight it's good that the prices have come down a bit.

Comment

^ What lyris said

Comment

I understand that mate,but i expect a pristine 1080p transfer not a grain fest that is ghostbusters,thats just my opinion

Comment

What do you think film is filmed on? It's FILM. It's GRAINY. Obviously Ghostbusters is grainier than most, but that's because it's an 80s film with a lot of opticals and they've pushed the film in a lot of places. I'd rather it looked like that than plasticville.

Patton is one of my favourite films, and i will never, ever own the blu for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
                        What do you think film is filmed on? It's FILM. It's GRAINY. Obviously Ghostbusters is grainier than most, but that's because it's an 80s film with a lot of opticals and they've pushed the film in a lot of places. I'd rather it looked like that than plasticville.

Patton is one of my favourite films, and i will never, ever own the blu for this reason.

well mate you should stick to your vhs collection if thats your idea of blu-ray?

Comment

I'm in two minds now with all the conflicting opinions. Is it worth the upgrade from the DVD version which I've already got?

Comment

I have the ntsc dvd version mate and i can honestly say i was looking forward to the blu-ray release since it was announced but i have to say i was very disappointed with the transfer.But like i said,everybody has different views and tastes.
                            Last edited by BIG EDD; 19-06-2009, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                              I'm in two minds now with all the conflicting opinions. Is it worth the upgrade from the DVD version which I've already got?
                              If you are a big fan,then what you have to way up is that its out on blu-ray and its going to be the best transfer so far and with asda selling it at ?13.71 then that should help you with your decision

Comment

I understand that mate,but i expect a pristine 1080p transfer not a grain fest that is ghostbusters,thats just my opinion
                                If that's what you like to watch, OK - but there are Noise Reduction options on your TV if you want to blur the movement (of the actors as well as any background motion).

What a lot of people who are afraid of film grain don't know is that most noise reduction processes really just add motion blur. They're smarter than that, but the principle remains, selective motion blur. And sometimes selective detail removal. Processes like that really have no place on a high end format like BD. (Unless it's a case like The Godfather, where parts of the film taken from other sources were degrained to match the rest).
                                Last edited by Lyris; 19-06-2009, 12:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X