No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it as if the originals never happened. And yet I'm not 100% sure. The fire station HQ is in the trailer and yet, when the Ecto-1 comes out, it looks like their HQ is an old restaurant building or something. I have always held on to the wish that they acknowledge the originals so I think anything I read into the trailer is just wishful thinking on my part. On the basic info even in the trailer, it seems this is a remake, not some kind of hidden sequel.

Comment

Was kinda hoping the license plate read ECTO-2

Comment

Yeah, would have been better. It really is the one big black mark over the whole thing for me.

Comment

Well i watched the trailer & came away unimpressed, found nothing funny. Just tired & cliche. My how original to have the black one as sassy black woman with street smarts. Wow never seen that in a film before

The ecto1 and the packs look crap too, think the only thing in it that i did like the look of is the cgi ghosts.

Comment

Got to be honest the "power of pain compels you " did make me chuckle

Comment

I really only care for it to be good. I wish it was its own thing, but it'll take it anyway if it turns out good.

Comment

It's definitely on that awkward side of the reboot. The trailer really gives the impression that GB1 and 2 are a factor in the story but they've repeatedly stated otherwise and, if true, the cameo's undo the first two anyway. Therein lies the the really annoying bit, without a direct connection to the originals it really, really feels like they're just pillaging the corpse without bringing anything fresh to the table which makes all the original fuss about the project seem even more unnecessary. That said, given it's out soon we'll likely get another trailer or two quickly so hopefully this one is simply geared to try and evoke the GB imagery.

Comment

This made me laugh: http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/201...-misogynist-2/

"Contrary to how he was feeling when he watched the trailer, Hanlon reposted the clip on his Twitter along with the caption “OMG can’t wait”, just to be sure that nobody accused him of being a woman-hating prick.

“I loved Bridesmaids, but this is just pure ****e” said Hanlon, stressing that he doesn’t like the look of the new movie.

“But I can’t say anything about it because I’ll get dragged into the virtual streets on Twitter and have the virtual crap kicked out of me. I’m still reeling from the time I was called homophobic because I didn’t like Brokeback Mountain”.

Comment

Can't say I was too impressed with the new "Winston" and the whole exorcist joke has been done a billion times! Still, I did like the colourful CG used on the ghosts. Really madethem pop from the background. I was watching on a phone mind you.

Comment

I do find the anger online towards this film interesting.

The trailer has been up 9 hours, had 1.4m views on YouTube.
                      Thumbs up: 36k
                      Thumbs down: 56k

It's just a movie. Remember how we all got angry about the remakes of RoboCop and Total Recall? They came, went, are a little bit forgettable and the originals are still the best. Then we moved on.

See it or don't see it.
                      I don't know why people are giving themselves high blood pressure about it.

Comment

I think it's not just how the franchise is loved, it's that it has a good bit of potential and fans have been dragged on for so long. Getting something that doesn't match their wishlists extra aggrevates.

They want this:

But they feel they're getting this:

Comment

Looking forward to it! The ghosts look great, especially that lanky one.

Fact-o-tron: 36k likes and 56k dislikes! WTF? That's got to be due to crusaders against the film, surely. Even genuinely crap film trailers don't get so many dislikes.

I hope it does well and wins oscars and then they make sequels and a cinematic universe and completely ignore GB1 and GB2 and say "this is for the haters"

:edit: whoops, QC beat me to it Even better, he posted while I'd been typing mine instead of getting ready for work so our brains were in sync.
                          Last edited by randombs; 03-03-2016, 23:50.

Comment

Just seems exactly like i expected, a chick flick/ghostbusters spoof.

The exorcist head spinning and multiple use of green vomit, despite being a two minute trailer, was a real low point. Also the comedy seems so forced, the jokes very childish, ghosts look absolutely whack, and the gun licking part made me cringe. Basically a reboot design for the modern tween, which is only ever going to aggravate all but the most forgiving of fans.

Yeah, not all positive then...even the thumbs down count on youtube is overwhelming. Hopefully its saving its best for the main event, but if the trailer IS anything to go by, then its yet another perfect example of how kids today are regularly treated to **** served warm.

The original cast are just naturally charming, and the comedy comes from this. Its also dark, mysterious, weird, imaginative, playful etc.

The only way i can describe that trailer is bridesmaids outakes meets ghostbusters the videogame.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            It's just a movie. Remember how we all got angry about the remakes of RoboCop and Total Recall? They came, went, are a little bit forgettable and the originals are still the best. Then we moved on.

See it or don't see it.
                            I don't know why people are giving themselves high blood pressure about it.
                            Its more the missed opportunity aspect for me. I want to see a new ghostbusters but...

Last edited by PaTaito; 03-03-2016, 23:52.

Comment

A few days ago my gf said the Ghostbusters song is better than the entire (first) film.

I donned the most serious face I could muster and replied "I love you, but don't ever say that to me again".

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                A few days ago my gf said the Ghostbusters song is better than the entire (first) film.

I donned the most serious face I could muster and replied "I love you, but don't ever say that to me again".

Remember that one for when you see this at the flicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X