No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like a bizarre point of view that there is a suggestion that men can't enjoy a film with a female cast.

I suspect the reaction to this female cast may have been different if it was the hot ghostbusters...

Comment

The reactions would be the same if it was Hot Ghostbusters, or even Man Ghostbusters with Stiller, Wilson, etc.. People are getting tired of wack remakes, it doesn't matter what the cast is.

Comment

It TOTALLY matters who the cast is. You only have to look back through this thread or, for a far less civilised glimpse, just about anywhere on the Internet.

Comment

Finally let the missus watch the trailer, she's a much more casual viewer so was interested to see what she though and she doesn't mind the look of it too much, hated the cast though and humour. I've decided at this point, if I could go and see Fantastic Four I can see this and it could have been much worse, they could have cast Amy Schumer.

Comment

looks utter trash !!!!

Comment

I don't think the trailer hit the right notes for the funnies, it was mostly plot orientated. Paul Feig has made some absolutely cracking comedies with those guys in the last few years, so I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                The reactions would be the same if it was Hot Ghostbusters, or even Man Ghostbusters with Stiller, Wilson, etc.. People are getting tired of wack remakes, it doesn't matter what the cast is.
                I was saying the exact same thing the other day only I replaced them with the Seth Rogen/James Franco/Jonah Hill team. They tend to be in decent comedy movies but swapping them over to an existing franchise like Ghostbusters would still make me dislike it.

Comment

The only cast that could float this are the original cast. Absolutely no one else is going to please anyone, not even Carell/Ferrell/Gervais/Chris Rock.

Actually... Those four might have stood a chance.

Comment

The original cast didn't even seem to do the job for most people in Ghostbusters 2.

Reckon Chris Farley would have made a good Ghostbuster...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      The original cast didn't even seem to do the job for most people in Ghostbusters 2.
                      Wow, that is a very valid point.

Comment

Yup. Same cast. Same director. Same writers. Direct sequel. All boxes ticked and STILL almost nobody has a good word to say about it (I happen to like it).

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          ...not even Carell/Ferrell/Gervais/Chris Rock..

Actually... Those four might have stood a chance.
                          Man, I can actually SEE that in my head. If I wasn't at work I'd write a scene.

Comment

I don't rate Ferrell and Gervais is almost consistently the worst thing in each film he does. Unknowns was probably the best way to go for it or actors who can do comedy rather than comedians trying to do acting. In terms of female cast members I see a film like this suiting the likes of Tina Fey more than the choices the've gone for. Properly directed, Rainn Wilson too

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post

Reckon Chris Farley would have made a good Ghostbuster...
                              Based on the trailer i'd still take the original sequel, which was very charming still, over this reboot any given day. Ghostbusters 2 might have not been great, but it still had many good points...people were just too spoilt to see the charm at the time, being it was 1989 and great movies were being released ten a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                                Based on the trailer i'd still take the original sequel, which was very charming still, over this reboot any given day. Ghostbusters 2 might have not been great, but it still had many good points...people were just too spoilt to see the charm at the time, being it was 1989 and great movies were being released ten a penny.
                                What a year. Batman. Last Crusade. Back to Future II. The Abyss.

And my favourite - Tango and Cash

Comment

Working...
                                X