The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
    Didn't you like the Sophia story? I thought it was good. Also there are large parts of the comic where not much happens. Obviously reading something allows you to set your own pace which can compensate for the down time. Personally I like the show and the comics.
    It was drawn out and lacked the impact it should have had.

The characters on the show are largely boring, in the comic they are all pretty deep and their own personal stories are interesting, we get none of that here. They just

killed off one of the more interesting ones although that's not saying much

I feel like I'm wasting my time watching it.

Comment

Woah, just watched the latest episode -

farewell Shane

That was a big wtf! moment right there.

Question:

can anyone explain to me how folk are turning into walking dead without being bitten? Is that something explained in the comics, or is the show doing its own thing

By the way that little kid Carl is way more annoying than his mother and that's saying something.

Comment

i "think" it might be

the virus is airborne and everyone gets it in a mild dose which does not affect them till they die and when they get bit by a zombie its like a super concentranted does which overwhelms the immune system

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
          Woah, just watched the latest episode -

farewell Shane

That was a big wtf! moment right there.

Question:

can anyone explain to me how folk are turning into walking dead without being bitten? Is that something explained in the comics, or is the show doing its own thing

By the way that little kid Carl is way more annoying than his mother and that's saying something.
          Shane

dying was done in a surprisingly similar way to the comics, after the show has been losing me slowly pretty much ever Since it started it almost redeemed itself by having a moment worthy of the comic

Sure it will be dull again next week though.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Sure it will be dull again next week though.
            What the end of season cliffhanger

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
              What the end of season cliffhanger
              Yeah if it's anything like last season.

Comment

Pretty good end to the episode, though that bit didn't make any sense to me!

So next week is the last in the series?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

So next week is the last in the series?
                  Its the last for the season yeah.

Why didnt it make any sense to you?

Comment

Just seen the latest - all I can say is about bloody time!

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                    I think the problem is they've botched the whole thing and left it too long to do it, but the supposed trigger here was

Lori messing with his head at the start of the episode. Up until that point she had point blank told Shane it was Rick's baby and then she decides to tell him she doesn't know. I think that was supposed to be the main catalyst for him flipping his wig.

Last edited by Spatial; 18-03-2012, 11:05.

Comment

Thought the episode was pretty damn good. The season finale looks action packed. Woo!

Comment

Finale: TEASE

Comment

This season would've been a lot better if it was the same length as season one - they could've cut about four episodes of this one with no loss.

Going by the ending and the events of the graphic novel, it looks like next season is going to follow the exact pattern as this one -

twelve episodes of not much happening, one episode of carnage and death

. Still, it'll lend itself to a more engrossing story on an evidently tight budget, so hopefully we won't see screen time devoted to Daryl and Carol picking flowers.

Comment

Well they've announced there'll be 16 episodes next season, so maybe we'll get a whole episode of flower picking! I actually thought that the second half was much tighter and a better show with Darabonts replacement (never thought I'd say that) so I have high hopes for season 3.

Comment

Completely agree that the second half of this season was superior but I enjoyed every episode just as much as the first season. I like all the characters so them having lots of downtime with a greater emphasis on the drama rather than the horror elements was fine by me. It helped make the last few episodes even more exciting and the way the tension built up over the last few episodes was incredible. I was literally on the edge of my seat last night watching it.

Having read up to Book 10 of the graphic novels, I have a good idea about what's going to happen but there has been plenty of disparity between the two, particularly in terms of who lives and dies.

Great ending to the season; nice to see Rick being more of a bad-ass and taking charge.
                              I was most excited about seeing the hooded figure near the end. The next 6 books are pure dynamite and having 'the hooded avenger' and The Governor in the new season will be epic. I can't imagine they will cover half the stuff the books do though as they are far too graphic (no pun intended) and full on to be seen on TV. So my guess is either a slight change in storyline or alternatively just implying certain elements as opposed to showing them.
                              Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Someone referred to it as a

Ricktatorship

. Had me in stitches

Comment

Working...
                                X