No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep agree with all the above, only good things is that Californication and House of Lies will be on a Monday by then too. Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
      You mean Merle? Daryl is the one with the crossbow.
      Yeah merle lol...dude knows how to hold a grudge, and at least the "mid season finale" looks promising!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Yeah, Mid Season Finale. Bastards!

At least it's only until February the 10th, which also means that the S3 finale will be on the same night as the GoT S3 premiere.
        Are you talking about Game of Thrones? I thought that was 31st March.

Comment

It is 31.03.13 for GOT, you're right, I remember seeing the date on a screenshot at the weekend now you mention it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm the walking dead, dead inside, but... Watched the first 2.5 episodes on Netflix and it didn't grab me. Should I continue or is it pretty much the same the whole way?

Comment

No, it gets worse. Then it gets a bit better for series 3.

Comment

Yep, it gets worse. I watched the first episode back when it aired and it didn't grab me at all. I thought the pacing was all off, the acting iffy and the zombies weren't creepy. I loved the comic book though so eventually gave the series another go and I feel pretty much the same about the early part. It picks up in season 1 I think. I certainly was getting into it by the end of that season.

But then it slows down to a crawl for season 2. There are some good moments and it definitely gets much better towards the end of the season but the first half of the season is horrifically slow. I'm a few episodes into season 3 and it's like there's a whole different approach. So far, it's much faster and much better and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

Comment

Yeah season 3 is much stronger. I wasn't a massive fan of series 1, 2 was better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rep View Post
                    Are you talking about Game of Thrones? I thought that was 31st March.
                    Yes, Game of Thrones (S03). It premieres the same night as The Walking Dead S3 finale (31.3.13) which will be a good Monday for TV.

I reckon I'm going to try watching GoT on a weekly basis rather than blasting it like usual.

Comment

Cheers guys. Thought all the same stuff - I started getting annoyed when the dept store is being invaded by zombies via the front door and they are about to hack someone up for the entrails as disguise and he stops for 3 minutes to get all misty eyed about the someone's wallet contents / family / name etc. And then coincidentally, the only other survivors are his wife and son and partner. It's just too contrived for me, especially the imending doom surrounding the partner / wife thing that I'm sure will happen. It was like watching neighbours - watch one episode - know how the next 4 will pan out.

Comment

Just caught up with the season 3 half finale thingy. Oh they like their cliffhangers. Still, really like where this season has gone and I like that it's so different from the book. Except up to now

the Governer has felt somewhat confused as a result of the things they carried over from the book but, from this moment, I'm guessing his character will get much more focused.

I think I actually prefer what they're going for with his character here though.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Yes, Game of Thrones (S03). It premieres the same night as The Walking Dead S3 finale (31.3.13) which will be a good Monday for TV.
                          That monday has arrived! Unfortunately The Walking Dead ended on a really bad note. Historically the show has had great openers and great closers, but this is the exception. It was dire, much like most of the second half of season 3 (episode with rick going home being the exception as that was superb).

"I tried". But you were still ****.

Comment

Hmmm... I don't like hearing that. I have been saving the episodes up to watch them in a big chunk. Only watched one since the mid-season break and was planning on starting the rest tonight. As it is, I don't think the show is anywhere as good as it should be. Sad to hear it didn't build to awesomeness.

Comment

Last episode, much like the rest of season 3 after the mid season break (bar one) was utter ****.

Way to ruin my favourite series writers.

Comment

cannot say i have been a fan of the show i find it very inconsistent .....and some characters have very little character and do things that i find maddening the last episode which i wont spoil has something that made me just saying why would you do that ? ? ?

I suspect with behind the scenes shenanigans is really affecting the show

Comment

Working...
                                X