No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that was a crappy finish to the season. Eastyy, I agree with you that it reeks of stuff going on in the background. Or just ****ty people in charge. The characters (especially the Governor) were completely inconsistent from episode to episode, like each writer didn't know what was in the other scripts. It's the showrunner's job to make sure that doesn't happen and it seems that job wasn't done.

Some good moments this season but overall was pretty poor, especially the second half. Not atrocious enough to just stop watching, which in some ways is all the more frustrating.

Comment

think that sums it up for me

oh probably some spoilers there to

Comment

I'm generally willing to forgive some small stuff but there has at times been some right clangers. Season 3 has pruned some characters but bar... I think 1 they're all ones I was rooting to be killed off so I can forgive them for delivery. For me Walking Dead falters when they get settled, the show works so much better when they're on the road and I don't see why they dodge showing it. Supernatural has managed to maintain the illusion of travelling the US for years so it's not hard to do. Their love of the prison has been stupid and common sense has screamed move most of the season. I preferred it action wise to the previous two seasons but theres still kinks to work out.

Comment

The difference is that Supernatural is brilliant and has been one of the best shows on tv for the last 8 Years, where as this is rubbish.

Robert Kirkman has actually stated recently that he likes working on the show as he gets to redo stuff that he dosent think he did well in the comic.

I can only imagine then, that he has been extreamly lucky when writing the comic, becuase if the tv show is what he really wanted the story to be like then he's the worse writer ever.

It a dull and soulless imitation of the source material. The show lacks the fantastic pacing, the wonderful energy, the emotional storytelling and the brilliant cast of characters of the comic. I'm surprised its so popular really.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 08-04-2013, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            Their love of the prison has been stupid
            Yep, this made no sense in the context of the show. Perfect sense in the comic but it was entirely different. In the show, they were confined to two rooms, zombies were everywhere and they had a town after them pretty much as soon as they moved in. It made no sense to stay.

There is a lot of stupidity in this show and some of it does seem to come from remnants of the comics. The Governor suffered badly from this. He was a whole different character in a whole different type of town and yet left bits and moments from the comics in there that just confused this character. He was so messy and just seemed like a whole bunch of random by the end of it.

And Andrea. Oh how we hate her.

The comics are about a million times better. Or at least they were. It's funny, the more recent ones feel a bit more like season 3 of the show and that's not in any way a good thing. I think it may have run out of steam.

Comment

Season2 was so mind-numbingly boring, that I nearly gave up on the show. Season3 had its moments, but it also felt quite boring most of the time. I don't know what the budget is, but it must be quite low. I can think of how great the show could be, because there are good qualities in place, but the script writers must be restrained by the lack of money.

The production is obviously being done by competent people, but it does often feel like a cheap 1980s show, but without any eccentric flair. If you're going to work with a low budget, you need to be inventive and have really watchable characters.

The show isn't very inventive - and the characters aren't very interesting. I think a really high budget movie adaption of The Walking Dead could be very stylised and dripping with imagination and flair. I hope that happens. A movie series could potentially be brilliant and really highlight how dull the tv series tends to be.
              Last edited by Leon Retro; 10-04-2013, 09:58.

Comment

with season 2 i thought the first half was very boring i noticed the second half picked up the pace a fair bit (probably due to the show runner being fired)

What bugged me is that some characters felt like just above a extra ...like t dog for example was not really given any back story and very little to do

Hate to say it as i was not the biggest LOST fan but i reckon a few flashbacks would have done wonders

lori and andrea where the most annoying characters in history and a lot of what they said or did often contradicted what they had said or done before

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  a lot of what they said or did often contradicted what they had said or done before
                  That was true for many characters, unfortunately.

Comment

The link has some chatter for Season 4 and a pretty lengthy trailer

Comment

It's a shame really as Lori's character was written to make her seemingly a walking contradiction.

She'd drop heavy hints to Rick that she was getting fed-up of Shane's attitude/manner and felt it would be better if he was no longer around. Then post Season 2 end when Rick had to kill Shane due to his insanity and consequent rising from the dead and you have Lori giving Rick the cold shoulder due to this. It just didn't wash as a viewer and she felt really out of place with the rest of the group who all came across as survivors in this post-apocalyptic situation.

Andrea for the most part was a better written character even though she nearly walked into being the group's village bicycle somewhere in the latter part of Season 2. Thankfully the writers saw she had more potential as a character and

Season 3's opening episodes that pair her up with Micchone and (consequently when they reached Woodbury) The Governor were good choices by the writers. It's a shame she went the same way as Lori by Season 3's end.

Maybe we just need more bad-ass female characters like Micchone and Maggie who do get decent development and tense scenes with zombies/raiders.

Comment

Andrea had terrible taste in men (Shane, The Governor, etc) but seemed a decent person who wanted to do right. Michonne is bad ass, her writing needs to step up a bit as they let her disappear a bit towards the end of Season 3. Anything with more of Maggie is just fine with me!

Comment

I was glad to see

Andrea go

, she was one of the last truly annoying characters in it, same with Lori. She seemed always to be pitched as either selfish or a spectacular dumbass, either way in reality the group would have dropped her ass after two minutes. The current cast line up is probably the best they've had though I thought they ended up wasting
                          . So much potential and a rubbish death.

Comment

Agree with pretty much all the points above, can't wait for season four, October it's on I think.

Comment

AMC have announced that the network is developing a companion series to its original drama “The Walking Dead” to premiere in 2015. “The Walking Dead” is currently the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. AMC’s president Charlie Collier says: “Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is […]

Becajse they're all the rage right now, Walking Dead is getting a spin-off show.

Comment

The Walking Dead doesn't seem to be able to generate enough content to fill one show, I have real doubts about them justifying a second.

Comment

Working...
                                X