No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree, though I have enjoyed it in the last year or so, fingers crossed the quieter episodes are behind us.
    Remember emailing a friend a while ago saying there were only two zombies in one episode back in season two I guess.

Comment

For me they really need to get on the road. The show falters everytime they set up base camp, in season one it was the camp site, two the farm and three the prison and suddenly it turns into a ropey soap opera. When they're on the road more stuff happens as there's less room for complacency. The group has always had a lack of a real gameplan, the game dealt with it better by them having stop offs but an overall target destination that kept the action moving. The prison is the crappest place to hole up they could pick, near their enemy, surrounded by the dead, requiring constant supply runs and demished at the back. They should be gunning for somewherr properly remote where populations are lower.

Comment

I agree but the thing is they have only actually been on the road for about four or five episodes across all three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          For me they really need to get on the road. The show falters everytime they set up base camp, in season one it was the camp site, two the farm and three the prison and suddenly it turns into a ropey soap opera. When they're on the road more stuff happens as there's less room for complacency. The group has always had a lack of a real gameplan, the game dealt with it better by them having stop offs but an overall target destination that kept the action moving. The prison is the crappest place to hole up they could pick, near their enemy, surrounded by the dead, requiring constant supply runs and demished at the back. They should be gunning for somewherr properly remote where populations are lower.
          Crazytaxinet, you read my mind. Those episodes where the group have either been in a convoy or had to make a temporary stop-off for the night have felt the most involving due to them being in unfamiliar territory with tensions running high as everyone gets stressed out.

I know that

Shane got killed off early in the comics (and at the end of Season 2) but his character did a good job of continually bringing disorder to the show and I liked that.

Don't mind The Governor but we need a more menacing antagonist that becomes someone the viewers love to hate, a real memorable piece of work (can be either sex but perhaps a female might be an interesting change?)

Comment

AMC’s “The Walking Dead” continued its non-stop climb in the ratings and broke records along the way. The fourth season premiere of the acclaimed zombie drama aired last night to the show’s biggest numbers ever – an astonishing 8.2 rating among adults 18-49, and an enormous 16.1 million viewers. That’s considerably up on it’s third […]

Season 4's premiere crushes the shows previous viewing figure records

Comment

Was a good episode, can't wait for episode two, looks a corker.

Comment

The ending was a bit vague i thought. Are they suggesting the virus is now killing without people being bitten?

Also, i couldn't tell if the Irish bird was half walker (but not) or very dirty?

Comment

Interesting question. I just assumed the guy had been
                  but hadn't told anyone. Agree on the

Irish Woman

too.

Comment

My take on episdoe 0401

I assumed the kid was just ill and died, he was not bitten, moments later he awoke as one of them. Thought the Irish woman was just a bit mad. All depends on how they are taking things this season I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post

The ending was a bit vague i thought. Are they suggesting the virus is now killing without people being bitten?

Also, i couldn't tell if the Irish bird was half walker (but not) or very dirty?
                      It looked like a

seizure or something like that

We already know everyone carries the virus.

Comment

That's what I was implying, but I didn't explain it very well.

Comment

Watched the first season 4 ep this evening. Thought it was fairly mediocre. They seem to have done the Lost thing of just bringing in a whole bunch of new people when they run out of things to do. The ceiling stuff was a bit of a stretch. Reminded me of the zombies jumping out of piles of leaves in Zombie Flesh Eaters 2.

As for the dude,

if you die of anything bitten or not you will come back as a zombie unless the brain is destroyed. It was the same back in the Romero films, though not many people seemed to notice. Given their close proximity to rotten corpses the entire time, it's perhaps surprising that they don't drop dead from disease more often. Odd that doesn't really seem to have been explored in either the comic or the show because I would have thought it would be a pretty big issue.

Comment

Well, episode 2 was bloody fantastic! Back on track!!

Comment

Better but they are still a bunch of idiots!
                              Why did they

ignore the fence coming down the first time? Why did sword woman not use her sword for the first time ever and almost get caught?

. Cant remember the others but all through the episode i was shaking my head.
                              Ending was good though (this show is good at ending episodes, might be why we keep coming back).

Comment

A better episode and you're right, this show always has a great ending to each episode, bit like Lost used to so you forget the slow 40 minutes prior.
                                Episode 3 looks great, I remember saying that about Episode 2 this time last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X