No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the first episode was brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I thought the first episode was brilliant!
      cracking start to the series. Let's hope it continues.

Comment

AMC’s zombie drama “The Walking Dead” will keep hitting the road and changing not just its locales but its feel according to one of the show’s stars. Andrew Lincoln, who plays de facto group leader Rick Grimes in the series, says that by the end of the current fifth season we will have a quite […]

Apparently the show is finally done with finding a location and boringly trying to make it home each season, from here on out the show will stay on the move indefinitely and try to change the tone to keep mixing things up

Comment

I still like it and always have done and being honest I would love another zombie show to come along and challenge it to make it better

On VR46's recommendation I watched 6 episodes of Z (Zee) Nation and its diabolical and now won't waste the bandwidth to watch it

There is a show called town of the living dead which is quite funny but uses the same production values as Z nation

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/344...rent-by-s5-end

Apparently the show is finally done with finding a location and boringly trying to make it home each season, from here on out the show will stay on the move indefinitely and try to change the tone to keep mixing things up
            Happy to hear this as I thought some of the best episodes of Walking Dead were when the group was in crisis, on the move, everyone was stressed and their psyches were fractured and broken. Reminds me of

the last episode of Season 2 when the group is making their way to the prison. Before they arrive there's a scene around a temporary campsite where Rick sort of loses it, gets aggressive, pissed off and confirms to Lori that he killed Shane (as watchers we understood why).

It was a great contrast for the character as up to that point he'd always tried to be level-headed and make the right choices for the whole group (makes sense being a former policeman). Compliments to Andrew Lincoln for bringing out the character's rage, anger and clear fatigue of everything up to that point.

More of that sort of captivating drama will keep me watching. You can also keep showing the zombies too AMC.
            Last edited by Paddy; 26-10-2014, 10:17.

Comment

Always on the move will mean more action I guess so can only be a good thing.

Z-Nation isn't too bad Buster, you can't take it too seriously, it' good to pass the time while you're ironing or something

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                Z-Nation isn't too bad Buster, you can't take it too seriously, it' good to pass the time while you're ironing or something
                I m sure people will be watching it but I would rather pull my eyeballs out, the sci fi channel could do so much better

Anything the asylum does should be deleted from history

Comment

Budget etc is certainly an issue with Z Nation along with some cheesy performances but I find it appealing from the side of it being to tread where TWD dares not and it having no issues being heavy handed with characters. TWD is famous for killing off characters but they're rarely ones of value whereas Z Nation has already been blunter on that front and many others. If Scyfy and Asylum can do a second season where they cease the opportunity to tighten up the tone etc they could have a decent product with it. Helps that Murphy is 10x more interesting a character than any in TWD atm, enjoying both though. Walking Dead definitely needed this new darker tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    Budget etc is certainly an issue with Z Nation along with some cheesy performances but I find it appealing from the side of it being to tread where TWD dares not and it having no issues being heavy handed with characters. TWD is famous for killing off characters but they're rarely ones of value whereas Z Nation has already been blunter on that front and many others. If Scyfy and Asylum can do a second season where they cease the opportunity to tighten up the tone etc they could have a decent product with it. Helps that Murphy is 10x more interesting a character than any in TWD atm, enjoying both though. Walking Dead definitely needed this new darker tone.
                    I thought the first episode was alright and only saw something since the remake of dawn of the dead (zombie baby) but it's went downhill very quickly

You are right about the characters, I just don't find it enjoyable to watch and feel impelled to skip a minute here and there especially the episode where they see an aerial photo of a helicopter they can use on a CDC building, even some of the humour (zombie smoking a dooby) was sub par

Comment

There's definitely been some ropey moments, the Alaskan base is pointless and kind of cringey at times too.

Comment

Latest episode of TWD was alright.. few satisfying kills in it and some progression. Sticking with it for the moment.

Comment

Satisfying kills

if somewhat brutal

, good summary, more action this season it seems, thankfully.

Comment

Watched latest episode last night, different, and good to see
                            is still with us.

Comment

Agreed. Liked the change of pace

Comment

Disliked the ep myself, reminded me of the dull filler previous seasons fell prey too. Another boring band of survivors who aren't that friendly compunded by focusing on one of the shows worst characters. The last scene arrival gave me hope that the focus will be on a far better developed, acted and interesting character next ep and we'll see things get back to Rick and co asap

Comment

Working...
                                X