Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry Norman rules

Comment

I didnt like Ross because he kissed arse to the actors/directors, then slagged their film afterwards. Never really liked him anyway, & I think the clincher for him getting that job was for his love of Japanese animation a few yrs before he got the role, which gave him the image of a more rounded film admoration.

Winkleman is terrible at everything she's introduced, & this is bad.

They should've got Kermode. Top guy. He tells it like it is.

Comment

Being friendly with the people who are in the films and the people who create them has no bearing on the value or worth of the film. It would make no sense for him to behave differently with people depending on what he thought of their latest film.

I really think that Jonathan Ross and this show are at least 10 years out of date, there's really no need for the show any longer and if it must contain they really need to move away from people who are primarily television presenters.

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a show on telly about films that was worth watching and did something that wasn't done a lot better elsewhere.
        EDIT:
        I should add that I've not seen any with this new woman but as they've seemingly just slotted in a random out of work telly presenter there isn't really any reason to give it a go.
        Last edited by JP; 25-10-2010, 18:42.

Comment

This thread has just remined me of the best movie review programme that there ever was on TV - Moviedrome, every friday night on BBC2 with Alex Cox.

Thats where my love of movies 1st started, where my love of different genre's began.
          I'd love to see Moviedrome, introduced by Alex of course, back on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
            This thread has just remined me of the best movie review programme that there ever was on TV - Moviedrome, every friday night on BBC2 with Alex Cox.

Thats where my love of movies 1st started, where my love of different genre's began.
            I'd love to see Moviedrome, introduced by Alex of course, back on TV.
            As awesome as it was, Moviedrome wasn't really a review show though, was it? It was the presentation of a movie that was introduced with an intelligent and detailed monologue about the film by Alex himself.

As alluded to by many on here, the BBC "Film" series have been rubbish ever since Barry Norman left them (and I'm sorry - I include Wossy in that, movie enthusiast or not). Claudia Winkleman obviously spells disaster.

BBC News' Talking Movies was a much more intelligent and superior show than any of the Post-Norman, Wossy-era "Film" programmes - it's such a shame that the show no longer airs in it's original 30-min format.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              As awesome as it was, Moviedrome wasn't really a review show though, was it? It was the presentation of a movie that was introduced with an intelligent and detailed monologue about the film by Alex himself.
              Well it was still the best movie based prog on TV. I really miss that prog. Theres been nothing like it since.

Comment

Bring back Vids. Best show.

Comment

Working...
                X