Game of Thrones / House of Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just caught up, got around to this one a bit slow and

disappointed really. People who'd seen it said it was as big as Ep8's white walker scene but that completely owned this.

Daenarys really is a weak character and the sequence just highlighted that. There's no way she should have gotten through that scenario unscathed. Without the dragons she brings nothing to the table which is why she isn't a fit for the Iron Throne. If Tyrion hadn't been present I might have wondered if the show runners where going to have the nuts to kill her off which would have genuinely been a big moment but here nah. The dragon seemed kept at bay by spears far too easily too and when she up and left them my immediate two thoughts were i)-Screw her for leaving everyone behind and ii)-Why had every single assassin who was there two seconds ago disappeared? They didn't run at the sight of a dragon but Daenarys allies and friends left alone and practically defenseless sends them packing?

In fact on reflection, like everything involving the character, it was sloppy.

As for the other various happenings, all stuff signposted too far ago to register.

I'm hoping the finale brings things back to real, meaningful events with Ramsey, Sansa and Theon as its clear they've completely padded out Cersei for one scene all season so any real wow is going to have to come from Ramsey... maybe a flash of Hodor

Comment

Must be the

humiliation of cercei

next week...

Comment

The above is a book spoiler. Don't click it, even if you're up to date with the show.

Comment

Too late for me.

Can we please adopt the approach that as far as GoT series discussion goes, the books DON'T EXIST

Comment

Or at least post "Book Spoiler" so people are aware please.

Comment

Well, just watched the finale, and one thing was unexpected.

I was worried I'd be waiting on tenterhooks for the next season.

Now, I don't really care; I've almost given up on it. Sansa's AWOL, Cersei's humiliation was only symbolic and Danaerys is lost yet again, her story now reaching the height of tedium.

They've just killed off too many people. It's impossible to look forward to anything as you always know that everything is going to go wrong!

Every major character I can think of seemed to end the series either dead or "adrift".

For drama to work, occasionally things need to go right for people, otherwise it just feels like you're being teased.

Seriously, going into this series, GoT was one of my favourite TV programmes ever, but I really feel as though it was a real let-down, save for one part (sure people know which part).
              Last edited by Asura; 15-06-2015, 21:25.

Comment

Finished the finale:

Glad the Stannis storyline is over,m it was becoming stretched and having the inevitable play out in one ep helped bring things to a draw.

Arya and Sansa continued to come across as mere padding. I doubt it but I'd hope Sansa and Theon died from that jump.

The last shot was... I dunno. Not enticing. Either Jon is dead in which case there really is no-one left to root for or he'll rock up in Season 7 after trying to persuade the audience he's gone and steal the show.

And Danearys. Wow... she leaves all her friends behind to save herself and manages to land exactly where she can be captured... from here on out I dub her Kim Bauer. Such is the stupidity with which she's written. Desperate to see her killed in S6.

It was a decent ep, plenty going on, but I do sense a real risk it could be downhill from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  It was a decent ep, plenty going on, but I do sense a real risk it could be downhill from here.
                  I think the downhill slope started at the

end of the battle of castle Black in the last season. The white walker bit in the current season was an upswing, but not enough to save the season, not by a long shot.

Comment

It's almost concerning that the best bit of S5 was a section not in the books at all.

Comment

Yes echo all of the spoilered comments above really and nothing to add. Bar a couple of real shocking moments, the last 20 minutes of episode eight was fantastic and the season finale was good, but apart from that far too much padding for ten episodes a year.

Comment

I think it set the next season up nicely.

Here's a thought;

Melisandre is back at Castle Black. Red priests can bring the dead back to life. And she did seem to think rather highly of Jon Snow

Comment

And nice work by the BBC News website to spoil the finale before it was shown... doh!
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Have to say the ending was really disappointing. Talk about padding, the whole series has had far too much, episode 8 was truly epic and the end of ep 9 was awesome but apart from this, not enough episodes to advance the story. Did they really

need to drag out Cersei's walk through the streets naked, Jesus it was nearly ten minutes

And with the

way the killed off Jon Snow (or not) just leaves bitter taste, i get they are going for shock value but im like well whats the point, i know its not a cheery world but its not good viewing. Also almost constantly killing the likable characters just isnt cool

Obviously i will continue watching, i've spend too much time watching to give and i will be very hyped when S6 comes round but right now thats like a year away.
                            Last edited by gambit6613; 16-06-2015, 00:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              And nice work by the BBC News website to spoil the finale before it was shown... doh!
                              They've done that before with another show, once it's aired in the US, they don't seem to care/realise.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I think it set the next season up nicely.

Here's a thought;

Melisandre is back at Castle Black. Red priests can bring the dead back to life. And she did seem to think rather highly of Jon Snow

I hope one of the army has survived and grasses her up for the burning of the child. Did like the Jon Snow character, but once Sam rode out of town I thought something was going to happen to him.

Last edited by VR46; 16-06-2015, 07:40.

Comment

That wasn't apparently Lana Headey's

body used in the walk of shame scene. She has said she was pregnant at the time.

GoT does seem to have slightly disappointing season finales and this one had

more repositioning than most.

Comment

Working...
                                X