Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll watch the second one just to see what he does. I mean one thing about Cameron is that he doesn't cut corners.

In respect to 3,4&5...nah.

Comment

‘Avatar 2’ Gets Title, Trailer To Run Exclusively In Cinemas With ‘Doctor Strange 2’. Pic's trailer debuts online.

And Avatar 2 is now called Avatar: The Way of Water

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        In 3D, though?

I would probs go again if so. I've only seen it in 3D once.

Comment

Me too. It was great! I wouldn't do higher frame rate again after it made The Hobbit look like Maid Marion.

Comment

I have only seen about half an hour of it on telly once; I wonder what I’d make of it in the cinema now all these years later.

Comment

It’s still going to be crap. Can’t polish a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                I have only seen about half an hour of it on telly once; I wonder what I’d make of it in the cinema now all these years later.
                I recommend going.

As a movie, honestly, it's quite weak. The story is a total hack job, every character is a stock character, every story beat is a cliche you can see a mile off, and it's extremely derivative a bunch of other "White Saviour" movies like The Last Samurai or Dances with Wolves.

But that would be selling it short, because it's visually magnificent. Like, as a complete vision of a sci-fi universe, a planet with its own ecology and so on, it's just amazing. And on repeated watches the main thing I've found is how you practically forget that most of the movie is essentially an animated film, and the characters and environments by necessity have to be CGI.

Kinda like... Okay. So I hate much of Tron Legacy (I'm sure we've been over that before), but I love the soundtrack so much that this, alone, can get me through a run of the movie without feeling short-changed. It's kinda like that.

So as a film to watch on Disney+, it's watchable enough. But as a cinema-going experience, it's really quite something. Very much an "event movie".

Comment

I'll watch it... in 2D

I absolutely, without question, do not need 3D to return to extort cinemas and HFR was a blight to sit through. Hell, IMAX is a pointless endeavour doing more harm than good too so I'm good with a normal screen. No need to revive played out dead hoodwinks to get people through the door. All these versions feel like Ubisoft limited editions and preorder incentives. The films either decent in 2D or **** in any format.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Still has the ol’ stench of Shrek about the visuals, I see.

Comment

I've only seen the first 90 minutes of Avatar.

Can't remember if I fell asleep or got bored and just switched it off.

Comment

Avatar only works because Jim Cameron was at the helm. If any other director of a less calibre than him did it, it could very very easily slide into muppets territory. I'm not a big fan of the film, but the sum of its parts are better than the film itself... If that makes sense.

Comment

Avatar can work without Cameron.

Quite a few people enjoyed it's initial release Ferngully

Comment

For as long as it's up, a leak of the trailer

Looks like a retread of the original but Waterworld Edition

Comment

Working...
                                X