No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New post day for me today & 2 absolute classics that I've wanted upgraded versions of for the longest time & a sale over Christmas meant I had to jump on them

A Better Tomorrow (Remastered in 4K but not a HDR release)
    God of Gamblers

I absolutely adore these movies & finally having them again is a dream, cannot wait to watch them again

Neil

Comment

[MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] Dude those editions look excellent.

Whereabouts did you source them from - Novamedia's site?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION] Dude those editions look excellent.

Whereabouts did you source them from - Novamedia's site?
        Thanks dude
        Yeah direct from Nova Media
        Got them in their half price Christmas sale

The pair delivered were £25
        Couldn't be happier with them

Neil

Comment

Couple of absolute corkers [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]

Comment

That is a great deal, good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Couple of absolute corkers [MENTION=7037]Soundwave[/MENTION]
              Thanks buddy

That is a great deal, good work.
              Lol yeah so pleased with the prices
              I opened up Better Tomorrow because it said on the site it's region free but the Slipcase shows region A

But once opened the disc shows region free

I did fire up the PS4 & pop it in & it works as well

Just the menu screen but it does look good

Neil

Comment

I was always a martial arts guy over Woo's gun ballet, but I did try to see if these were streaming anywhere in Woovember.

I wish I had because that new one of his on Netflix I watched instead was pretty poor, IMHO!

Nice gets, Neil!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  I was always a martial arts guy over Woo's gun ballet, but I did try to see if these were streaming anywhere in Woovember.

I wish I had because that new one of his on Netflix I watched instead was pretty poor, IMHO!

Nice gets, Neil!
                  I get where you're coming from the bullet ballet stuff is very much my thing
                  Still remember discovering them for the first time back in the mid 90's thanks to an article about Hard Boiled & I was so intrigued that I had to see it
                  Loved the genre ever since & will definitely be adding to the collection again now

Interesting on the new one
                  What's it called & I'll look it up too

Neil

Comment

Manhunt

A Chinese pharmaceutical lawyer framed for a vile crime teams up with a sharp-witted Japanese detective to stop a dangerous corporate plot.

Comment

Soundwave, great purchases! GoG was supposedly their take on Rain Man. A Better Tomorrow reignited Woo and Chow's careers. I've seen that the Japanese Hard Boiled was a great release too, but no subs I think. Probably has a later version.
                      Last edited by monel; 13-01-2022, 05:19.

Comment

I believe that the best English-subbed version of Hard Boiled is the HK release:

Buy "Hard-Boiled (1992) (Blu-ray) (Remastered Edition) (Hong Kong Version)" at YesAsia.com with Free International Shipping! Here you can find products of Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Chow Yun Fat,, CN Entertainment Ltd. & popular Hong Kong Movies & Videos. - North America Site

Has the bonus of having the amazing original poster on the cover, too.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Thanks man
                          I'll check it out

Originally posted by monel View Post
                          Soundwave, great purchases! GoG was supposedly their take on Rain Man. A Better Tomorrow reignited Woo and Chow's careers. I've seen that the Japanese Hard Boiled was a great release too, but no subs I think. Probably has a later version.
                          Thanks dude
                          I absolutely love Hard Boiled

I believe that the best English-subbed version of Hard Boiled is the HK release:

Buy "Hard-Boiled (1992) (Blu-ray) (Remastered Edition) (Hong Kong Version)" at YesAsia.com with Free International Shipping! Here you can find products of Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Chow Yun Fat,, CN Entertainment Ltd. & popular Hong Kong Movies & Videos. - North America Site

Has the bonus of having the amazing original poster on the cover, too.
                          Actually from what I gather the very best version of Hard Boiled is the (not strictly legal) Hong Kong Rescue Remastered version which is super cheap & even has a digital download option

Comes with a ton of extras & even totally re-written subtitles

I know a few people who have the discs & said they are really well produced but they are horrifically slow at mastering & shipping though

They have plenty of other titles as well which might interest some more of you too

I'll be ordering one myself shortly

Neil

Comment

Nice one Neil. As I wrote that earlier I knew I was forgetting something! Yes I think you’re absolutely right, it’s the HKRR one that’s the best.

Comment

Nice one Neil. As I wrote that earlier I knew I was forgetting something! Yes I think you’re absolutely right, it’s the HKRR one that’s the best.
                              No worries buddy
                              Read nothing but good things about their remasters

I'm just waiting for pay day & once I've finished licking the wounds of Christmas spending & I'll be ordering myself Hard Boiled
                              Might even push the boat out & get Killer too

Neil

Comment

I've heard good things about Darkman. Hopefully it will live up to the likes of Evil Dead in terms of wackiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X