Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    You always get the best King Fu pickups. I’ve never seen Dragon is it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      You always get the best King Fu pickups. I’ve never seen Dragon is it any good?
      Cheers! I haven't seen it either, yet.
      I got it for £2.30 off t'Bay.
      One of the cool things about doing Woovember is you fill in a couple of blindspots.
      I really should have seen Dragon by now, but never got around to it.

Game of Death 2, I've always dismissed as a Brucesploitation film, but it sounds like a lot of good people were involved in it like a deleted scene by Sammo Hung and the cast included Hwang Jang-Lee, Yuen Biao and Bolo Yeung. Again, for £3.68, I thought it was worth investigating!

Comment

Anything with Bolo is worth investigating. Well maybe not Shoot Fighter.

Comment

This will tide me over until the 4K HDR versions come out….

Comment

A friend very kindly bought me this new biography of Michael Cimino as a surprise, which made me realise I still hadn't gotten round to watching Heaven's Gate. I've now purchased the Second Sight release so I can correct that.

Planning to watch it this weekend before launching into the book.

Comment

I think this is one of those scenarios where the film is less fascinating than the story behind it.
              Let us know your thoughts when they're both done.

Comment

Interesting. Yeah, it's one that's fascinated me for years and years and I've just never gotten around to sitting down and taking the time to watch, so I'm very curious about it.

I will def share my thoughts not been watching many movies at all for a while, just been in a funk, which is why I haven't been sharing impressions on here recently ()

Comment

More seventh Doctor.

Comment

Ghost Light is brilliant. Not sure I entirely understand it mind ...

Comment

Really tempted to rewatch all those old Doctor Who eps, but there's always a zillion things I could be watching!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Really tempted to rewatch all those old Doctor Who eps, but there's always a zillion things I could be watching!
                        I know what you mean. But given it’s been over 30 years since I saw those stories I think I can indulge in some nostalgia. I’m sure I’ll see them in a different light given how much older I am now.

Comment

I'm getting to the point where I can start watching stuff with my son, but there's too much! Loads of Marvel and Star Wars to get through and tonight we started...

Comment

I love bargain hauls like that. CeX definitely has its uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I love bargain hauls like that. CeX definitely has its uses.
                              Yeah, but it's getting to the point where I'm thinking "Fallout is £1 FIFTY! Outrageous!"

I spent ages looking at the various combos for the cheapest way to do it - there's a 6 disc set and a 3 disc set etc, but £2 for the first four films was a bargain.

My train of thought is that if the next two films are decent, I may have a 4K telly by that point and may invest in the whole series but at the moment, I'm happy paying £1.50 on DVD rather than £75 for the 4K set, blimey!

I let the boy stay up an hour later and we started M:I 1, which he was really getting into!
                              That alone is worth the price of admission.

Comment

Mish 1 is quality

For me, anything £3 or under generally gets enjoyed and then goes into a charity bag.

I have enjoyed watching some of the classics with my boys as they've grown. On your MI tip I remember the Die Hard films were fun a few years back ... and more recently more edgy stuff like Silence of the Lambs (with my oldest) and The Shining (both) They love it. Although I do meet them halfway and watch their selections too

Comment

Working...
                                X