• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenstein Girl is a beauty!

Finally bought Troll Hunter on Blu!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
      My steel book of ninja scroll and copy of ted arrived today!
      Jealous! Amazon dispatched mine yesterday morning - hoping to get it before the weekend!

Comment

Hey Soundwave nice haul. Where did you pick up "Gamera Trilogy for a ridiculous price", was it a one off or are more available and how much? Best i've seen it is Amazon for $7.99+ post.

I've had my eye on it for a while and want to get it but I have been holding off to allow time for sets with the corrected version of Gamera 3 to get into stores, do you know if the one you've picked up is the "corrected version"?

Comment

Originally posted by Kal_El View Post
          Hey Soundwave nice haul. Where did you pick up "Gamera Trilogy for a ridiculous price", was it a one off or are more available and how much? Best i've seen it is Amazon for $7.99+ post.

I've had my eye on it for a while and want to get it but I have been holding off to allow time for sets with the corrected version of Gamera 3 to get into stores, do you know if the one you've picked up is the "corrected version"?
          Thanks buddy

My Gamera trilogy was ?10 delivered from Ebay.
          I use a seller called Get Import CD's I've used them for loads of stuff lately & they have been great...they were posted on the 17th & arrived on Saturday so about a week.

But based on the Exchange rate at Amazon you might be better off ordering from there because that's only about ?5 before shipping so doubt you'll get better than that.

I'm not sure if it is corrected or not but according to the review on Blu-Ray.com Gamera 3 stands up pretty well...

Gamera Trilogy Blu-ray Release Date September 27, 2011 (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe, Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion, Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris). Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Hope that helps

Neil

Comment

I expect to see some reviews in the Kaiju thread soon, Soundwave!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I expect to see some reviews in the Kaiju thread soon, Soundwave!
              Will do Mr

Here's what's turned up this week...

Sucker Punch Steelbook (German version)
              Zombie Flesh Eaters Steelbook
              Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
              Dark Knight Rises Steelbook

Sad to say I've never seen the Living Dead at Manchester Morgue so decided to grab it when it was cheap the other week, looking forward to seeing if it is as good as everybody says.

Neil

Comment

New arrivals this week...

Picked up the German Iron man 2 Steel book for the bargain basement price of ?7 which is just too cheap to not have in the collection...just wish I could find an Iron Man steelbook to go with it.

Neil

Comment

Re: Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Is that devil man real? Been praying for a DVD release with the original dub.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBeatBoy View Post
                    Is that devil man real? Been praying for a DVD release with the original dub.
                    Good question...the case looks a little iffy but the disc mentions Manga Animation Cartoon so your guess is as good as mine to be honest.

I did just google them & came up with this...

It does appear they are bootleg according to that list on there

Will crack it on at some point to see what the quality is like but at under ?7 delivered I'll be happy if it's just watchable

Neil

Comment

I got a few Blu-rays in Tesco today now I finally have the projector set up:

Harry Potter 1 - 8 Box Set
                      The Avengers in 3D
                      Back to the Future Trilogy
                      Batman Trilogy Box Set
                      Lord of the Rings Extended Cut Trilogy Box
                      Indiana Jones Trilogy (apparently there's an extra bonus film in there, but it's not very good.....)

So yeah, that'll give me something to watch over the Xmas period. I reckon I'll go through the three Batman films first by myself, and BttF with the kids.

Comment

Do Tesco have an offer on for the LOTR box atm? I know they've sold it for ?30 in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Good question...the case looks a little iffy but the disc mentions Manga Animation Cartoon so your guess is as good as mine to be honest.

I did just google them & came up with this...

It does appear they are bootleg according to that list on there

Will crack it on at some point to see what the quality is like but at under ?7 delivered I'll be happy if it's just watchable

Neil

Devilman is great, eastern star/discotek will no doubt pick it up in the US at some point...

If you love anime from this era, then their site is a good bookmark as they are constantly announcing obscure stuff for release in the US.

Their handling of Fist of the north star(or rather the print they got from Toei) was fist class, as it was with demon city shinjuku, venus wars, lupin 3rd tv series etc...hell i even got a recently released 4 disc retro game center cx collection from them, now thats obscure!

I'm hoping they get to vampire hunter D next as that has needed a new transfer for years, the us dvd transfer is composite and crap, and while the german dvd is pristine, the AR is cut and paste anamorphic(dbz style) and it has weird colour alterations...also no english subs. Devilman would be awsome too, and voilence jack... Arggg to many awsome anime that need the remastering treatment.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 17-12-2012, 19:24.

Comment

Took the kids and my parents out for lunch today; only fair as she has to cook on Boxing Day for at least ten people. Anyway, I ended up in HMV and got the Blu-rays of Tremors for ?8 and the Bourne Trilogy box for ?15.

I was also looking for Home Alone for the kids and Alien Anthology but they'd sold out. Had a chat with the guys in Maysons and they all agree that Tremors isn't that bad, there's nothing really scary or overly vicious, so I might watch it with the kids.... ended up with a couple of nice Boss and Paul Smith jumpers though.

So do you all think Tremors is, nowadays, still worth a 15, or it's more like a 12/PG?

Comment

Re: Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Personally, if they're not old enough to watch it, I'd avoid showing them it.

They're not begging you to see it and what you think isn't scary might play on their minds afterwards.

I'm still mentally scarred from Superman III, when that woman gets sucked into the super computer!

Comment

Big thanks to Busterbroon for the heads up on this

Only been preordered on Amazon uk for years and it pops up region free so thanks amazon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X