No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBeebies finishes at 7. The wee lass should be tucked up in bed/cot by then!

?3 each from Asda which was a steal (by which I mean it was a very good price, not that I acquired them through illicit means!).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Dude, you want CBeebies - there's no adverts!
      my daughter is 2 and nothing compares to doc Mcstuffins, curious george & OSO

In the night garden is close but Disney Jnr is the don

Comment

I'm taking the Steelbook rule to my collection. With the exception of boxsets, if I can't be bothered to go to the trouble or expense of getting the Steelbook version it probably isn't worth me owning it. To that end I've got some stuff on the way and am gonna do some pruning of the current collection.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
          my daughter is 2 and nothing compares to doc Mcstuffins, curious george & OSO

In the night garden is close but Disney Jnr is the don

Lol tell me about it Chloe is the same with the exception of Agent OSO she is petrified of him & screams the place down when he's on.

She's also mad for Mickeys Clubhouse & The Hive.

It so cute watching her start beaming when the theme tunes start & going all potty & chatty when they start proper.

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          I'm taking the Steelbook rule to my collection. With the exception of boxsets, if I can't be bothered to go to the trouble or expense of getting the Steelbook version it probably isn't worth me owning it. To that end I've got some stuff on the way and am gonna do some pruning of the current collection.
          Ooooh well let me know what you have & what you fancy getting shot of...I might be interested in some

Neil

Comment

It took a while for OSO but in year younger days it was all about clubhouse

When George is on she turns off the world and concentrates on nothing else, I can throw sweets, my love at her and she won't move

Comment

Steelbooks phase one

Comment

Here's a question. Are steelbooks actually made of steel?

Comment

So I kinda fibbed & had another arrival this week...

Just went with the standard 2 Disc edition.

Looking forward to getting it watched...been a long time since I last saw it.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Here's a question. Are steelbooks actually made of steel?
                    No, steel is just too expensive for a product that is such easy money for the publisher.

They're made out of a really cheap tin alloy which means there isn't any real difference in production costs in comparison to the standard plastic cases and as long as your figures are straight you know they're a guaranteed sale for you. Bang something like a limited edition label on the tin and you can even raise the price a little and still guarantee they're going to sell.

Some people want to buy them so you may as well sell them what they want and make a bit of extra money out of them if you can, everybody wins.

The only time I'll ever buy them is because I know how many are being sold and I also know I can make an easy profit six months later. You do need to be careful doing that though as they're quite fragile due to the tin used and you can lose some of the resale value if they pick up any marks. You just need to wait a little longer then as there always seems to be somebody willing to give you money for them as they become rarer.

Comment

I don't get the steel book rule? Surely its the content and transfer quality that's more important than a shiny metal box? Still each to their own and that

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                        I don't get the steel book rule? Surely its the content and transfer quality that's more important than a shiny metal box? Still each to their own and that
                        Steel books look nice on your shelf, and lets face it that's what you're going to be seeing a lot of the time that you own the disk. As you aren't actually going to be watching the film on repeat all day long for the rest of your life.

Also, people who buy films on blu rays are usually people who like to collect films, so it makes sense they would want to collect them in a nice box, and steelbooks usually look a lot nicer than the standard cases,

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                          Steel books look nice on your shelf, and lets face it that's what you're going to be seeing a lot of the time that you own the disk. As you aren't actually going to be watching the film on repeat all day long for the rest of your life.

Also, people who buy films on blu rays are usually people who like to collect films, so it makes sense they would want to collect them in a nice box, and steelbooks usually look a lot nicer than the standard cases,
                          Exactly, pretty obvious right.

I wont buy steelbooks if they are overpriced(jaws, ted ?19.99 etc), but i do prefer them if they are available for a reasonable price.

What i hate is the spine they have started using in recent years, you know the one that feels out of place when you remove the shrinkwrapping, and doesnt fit inside the case in any way without folding/damaging it. Why they cant just print off the details on the back of steelies like they used to is beyond me.

Comment

I personally love steelbooks, but they're pretty uncommon in Australia. I grab them when they exist but it's not often. It's a shame as I really like the look of them.

Comment

Yup, there usually the best option to go for as they look better and usually aren't much more expensive on release. Some times you miss out out on an extras disc but if you're like me and aren't arsed at all with them then its no loss. They usually go up in value too so they're a sound investment, its only a problem if you start trying to fill back titles in your collection i.e I'd like to get Pirates 1-3 but the prices are daft. The upcoming Looper Steelbook is nice.

Comment

Steelbooks are a funny thing.

I like collecting them but I will only buy films that I really want...I'm not one of these collectors who buys everything just because it has a Steel version.
                                If I'm going to buy the film anyway & there's a steel version I may as well have that

I'm also never paying over the odds...no steel book IMO is worth more than retail & the people trying to charge upwards of ?50 for Iron Man & Thor GTFO (although I do already have Thor )
                                If I missed it on release I missed it no biggie.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X