Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
    I might sell my iron man 1+2 steelies and then buy a wiiu with the proceeds!

One inflated price meets another ^^
    LOL sounds like a plan.

I can't believe how much some of these Steels go for these days.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      LOL sounds like a plan.

I can't believe how much some of these Steels go for these days.

Neil
      I know, ones i have that remain sealed i imagine will fund a new console when the next gen hits.

Alien quadrilogy steely i have high hopes for

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
        I know, ones i have that remain sealed i imagine will fund a new console when the next gen hits.

Alien quadrilogy steely i have high hopes for
        Lol not cracked the seal on that Terminator or the Raid either
        Got a few more like Jaws that I don't expect to rocket too much but might increase a little that are still sealed

Wish I'd realised what would happen to these back when Thor & Cap were released...would have grabbed a couple then or just not opened the ones I have

Out of my 33 steelbooks in the collection about half are still sealed & most of the opened ones haven't even seen the inside of the Blu-Ray player.

Neil

Comment

I can't stand sealed ones, gotta give the film some lovin'. I recently had the missing title issue again with Pirates but ebayed a US Steelbook and will insert a UK disc. Next up are likely the more reasonably priced german Star Trek, MIB trilogy and then the Terminators.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
            I can't stand sealed ones, gotta give the film some lovin'. I recently had the missing title issue again with Pirates but ebayed a US Steelbook and will insert a UK disc. Next up are likely the more reasonably priced german Star Trek, MIB trilogy and then the Terminators.
            Yeah with aliens i already had the normal box version, and was sad enough to get it for the artwork on the steely.

The only few others i have sealed are just duplicates.

German steelies are indeed very reasonable. Reminds me i must get "the runaways" on german steelbook.

Comment

I haven't intended on keeping them sealed it's just they stay that way until I watch them & at the moment that may take years...whose bright idea was it to have a baby & ruin all my spare time???

Comment

That's fair enough then Sealed items of stuff in collections usually give me flashes of gamers with stuff like "I have a sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, I keepnit mint to retain its value so I haven't played it"

Aaargh!!!

Comment

That's fair enough then Sealed items of stuff in collections usually give me flashes of gamers with stuff like "I have a sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga, I keepnit mint to retain its value so I haven't played it"

Aaargh!!!
                  Lol I have never kept anything sealed aside from Toys on purpose...I buy things like Games & Films to enjoy them not to look at a (generally crap) box
                  Nothing has ever seemed more pointless to me.

Neil

Comment

Latest haul...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                      Nice...

Finally got around to picking up mulholland drive on bluray, its a really nice book type package with a good read inside. Plus this uk version its easily the best version available, albeit a little pricey.

Comment

Zavvi are taking preorders for a May release of the Star Trek steelbook. You lose the DVD and extra disc but only pay 15 quid which is brill compared to the 75+ it goes for on ebay for the older release

Comment

Zavvi are taking preorders for a May release of the Star Trek steelbook. You lose the DVD and extra disc but only pay 15 quid which is brill compared to the 75+ it goes for on ebay for the older release
                          Saw that yesterday & I've popped a pre-order in.
                          Never seen the movie but fancied watching it & another cheap steel for the collection will be nice

They have also got pre-orders up for Exclusive's on 7 Psycopaths & Who Framed Roger Rabbit which I've ordered as well.

I'm thinking they may have picked up where HMV left off with the Steels now.

Also if you pre-ordered the Skyfall steelbook from HMV then Amazon are releasing one instead.

Neil

Comment

Made sure to get Skyfall sorted quickly and got Roger Rabbit covered. Thankfully I'm starting to get into the cheaper ones to pick up bar one or two Disney discs to get. Hobbit looks to be getting a few varieties too.

Comment

Kinda hoping hobbit gets a statue like the 3 other movies

Looking forward or the season 3 boxed set of walking dead as well (fish tanks full of heads)

Comment

Made sure to get Skyfall sorted quickly and got Roger Rabbit covered. Thankfully I'm starting to get into the cheaper ones to pick up bar one or two Disney discs to get. Hobbit looks to be getting a few varieties too.
                                I've been lucky & grabbed all the ones that re now pricey at release (bar the Iron Men releases) & I'm loathe to spend the money to buy the few I did miss like Sherlock Holmes 2 or Mission Impossible 4 so they will just have to be missing from the collection but I'm not too fussed I have them in Amray releases anyway.

Trying to get into the Disneys myself but finding them with Slips is getting daft now

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X