No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books are bigger and have more time for that. Different medium. I love the movie but watched it long before I ever read the book. Didn't actually get on with the book but wondered if that was just the translation. I found it very cold.

Comment

I understand that. It couldn't really be helped.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Thought I would share these here. I have been slowly but surely collecting the Japanese Ghibli Blu-Rays - they are a little pricey, but are gorgeous things to behold and truly feel like definitive editions, with most sporting multiple language tracks along with a full quota of subs.

I've not even got to watching all of them yet, but they make for a nice treat now and then
        Nice! I'm also collecting them, I just need Castle of Cagliostro to catch up with what's been released so far. Kaguya Hime is up for preorder and out in December.

Comment

will sit nicely amongst the other 3 limited sets as I managed to get the best buy season one for its retail price rather than the craxy amounts that they sell for on ebay (comes with a zombie mask)

next is the Halloween set which is due for release in two weeks, but again like my Friday the 13th set it also avoided customs

Comment

Still waiting on my CA: Winter Soldier 3D bluray set.

Comment

Where's the best place to buy those Japanese Ghibli Blurays? Amazon Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                Where's the best place to buy those Japanese Ghibli Blurays? Amazon Japan?
                Yes asia, hmv japan, amazon japan, cdjapan.

HMV were cheapest for me, at one point they did buy two get 20% off if i recall.

Comment

New Blu-Ray gets for me today...

Neil

Comment

dodged customs again - I know its coming but that's the last 3 items from amazon.com (Friday the 13th tin, walking dead tree blu and this)
                    Last edited by buster_broon; 09-10-2014, 12:50.

Comment

Used a gift card on these. Not seen either, so that's the w/e sorted (unfortunately for the wife!).

Comment

Quite mpressed with anchor bay and scream factory

There is a known issue with Halloween 4 with sync issues and they have a process set up to replace the disc with a new one

I emailed them with or off if purchase and expected to get a pie to the face or to be ignored but colour me impressed when FEDEX turned up today with a wee package and inside a Halloween 4 disc - nice one
                        Last edited by buster_broon; 14-11-2014, 14:21.

Comment

How to Train Your Dragon 2 3d bluray set arrived the other day. Already redeemed the UV code while sat in the library at school AND have it downloaded on my tablet for watching next week. Will be watching the 3D version at home on Monday night first though.

Comment

Classics!

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post

Classics!
                              Awesome
                              I've never seen any of them but always wanted too
                              How are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                Awesome
                                I've never seen any of them but always wanted too
                                How are they?
                                Great, sailor moon is so charming you cant help but love it, and ranma is an all time classic anime about a cross gender(a boy who turns into a girl when doused with water...some crazy spell) martial artist who gets in all kinds of trouble with fights and love interests...lol.

Ranma in particular looks great on blu too, a decent restoration.

Comment

Working...
                                X