No announcement yet.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another trailer has come out which apparently is the FINAL trailer, Im worried I;ve seen all the good bits but will still see it.

Comment

George Miller forced me to watch a six minute preview before Fast 7.

I was trying to avoid seeing any trailers as I think it's going to be visually astounding. I was blown away and I think it's going to be one of those films where you can freeze any frame of the film and it could be a poster. I'm hoping Miller has found a balance between style and substance though.

Mad Max 2 is a genre classic and a must-see, but Mad Max 1 and 3 are a bit weak and can easily be skipped.
      Am I right in thinking this is a sequel? It's not a reboot/remake/retcon?

Comment

It's a sequel but there's already some fan speculation that it will fit in somewhere between Gibson entries rather than being set after them

Comment

All those images look like CG renders. Are those cars going to be real physical vehicles? I damn well hope so.

Comment

@Supes - I did a quick search and it's been described as a reboot, re-imagining, prequel, sequel and re-telling!

@Darwock - judging by Supe's earlier post, they're all real.

[hide]
            Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57578

New shots of some of the vehicles have emerged

[/hide]

They remind me a bit of The Cars That Ate Paris, also directed by an Australian director, Peter Weir!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              @Supes - I did a quick search and it's been described as a reboot, re-imagining, prequel, sequel and re-telling!
              A rebimpresequetelling.

Comment

I don't think I posted it but Warners has released a trailer which is fairly bold in that it includes footage of the first three films and Mel as the character. To me it's a fairly on the nose way of saying to fans 'It's new, it's shiny, its current but it is Mad Max 4'

I've lined up the first three, must be twenty years since I last saw them

Comment

I saw 2 not long ago, like QC says I dont think I'd could get through parts 1 and 3 now. Never liked 3 anyway.

Comment

1 has a weird spaghetti western feel, even in its original Australian language.

Comment

Asda had the Mad Max Trilogy on Blu-Ray for a tenner recently. Going back through the films in order I still haven't changed my opinion about them.
                      The first film is still the best. Watching Max's descent is still gripping. And it is all done with a minimalistic style. The sequel is good too but a very different style. Great car action which looks like where the new film is heading.
                      Thunderdome though could be about any character and doesn't really feel like a Mad Max sequel. It also feels lacking content and is over quite quickly.
                      I haven't watched any of the more recent trailers for Fury Road and can't wait to see it.

Comment

Rave review of Fury Road here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...r-blockbuster/

Comment

I admit, I went from expecting terrible things to suddenly wanting to see it, given the trailer.

That being said, I know the story is in for a ****storm online if it isn't handled very well -

it's about Max transporting a group of women who he has freed from a biker gang, who intend to rape them to produce a new generation before their gang dies out.

Comment

We have our 3D IMAX tickets booked for Thursday. Can't wait!

Comment

Had to watch a six minute trailer for this in the cinema tonight, surely I can't be the only person on here who thinks it looks like pure and utter ****?

Comment

Sorry Colin, I'm genuinely buzzing about this now, especially after watching The Road Warrior last night.

Here's another 5/5 review:
                                The road warrior returns in mind-blowing fashion in the stunning Mad Max: Fury Road starring Tom Hardy.

"At a time when expensive summer movies seem increasingly formulaic,*Mad Max: Fury Road*tears up the rulebook. It feels like Miller going for broke - holding nothing back for a sequel, but instead throwing every ounce of creativity and imagination into one compact slab of sound and movement.

Concise where most action movies are complicated, sharp and violent where most are tame and bloodless,*Mad Max: Fury Road*is a brutal, breathtaking work of pop art. "
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 12-05-2015, 21:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X