Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    When it was Originally released it was panned. Didn't alter the fact that it was a massive hit though.
    True, but that had more to do with the lack of genre familiarity by the audience than anything else. At the time it would seem different regardless of quality and those kinds of surprises stay with people. Its always going to be around but as time goes on itll continue to lose relevance as following generations of people have access to a wide library of much better quality sci-fi. Eps 1 and 2 aside I wouldnt say they're bad films but they're very much basic ones.

Comment

I'd not call the prequels "basic". Certainly in regard to the plot there's loads going on, and unlike many films it doesn't join the dots and you have to summise a lot. They do suffer from some quite awful dialogue at times though

Having re-watched them recently, I now consider ep 2 to be weaker than ep 1. They're both OK though, with some good bits in them

The originals are still the best though, loads of charm. And kids still seem to love Star Wars (especially The Clone Wars cartoon).

Comment

Far from basic in my opinion, especially Ep1. Trade disputes, political yaaaawn and so on. If they were basic, they'd probably be better movies and not the clusterfracks (thanks BSG!) they are. The classics are basic hero's journey stuff though.

Comment

I think the problem was trying to tell how a Senator from a small planet became the Emperor of the Galaxy. It's a huge undertaking. Personally I find that story fascinating, but certainly they could of been better films.

Comment

You've been talking about Star Wars in this Indiana Jones thread since page 3!

I know it's Star Trek, not Star Wars, but Shatner's rant still stands...

Comment

No threads exist on this board or any other that can't be improved with a little touch of Shatner.

Comment

In the books the politics are are deep but in the films it's dull badly written and, yes, basic. Just a poor way of shepherding characters about. Then again, the prequels were a bad idea from the get go. Knowing the outcomes aside Anakin was mostly only ever interesting post Vaderism. Would have preferred Eps 7-9. Lucas's step back though means I'd be more interested in his films. Without the big budget effects it'd be nice to see something more character based. That said, Red Tails might be ok

Comment

It has been talked about for months but at last it has been confirmed – Paramount Home Media Distribution and Lucasfilm Ltd. will release ‘The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection’ worldwide later this year. No specific release date however was stated other than a generic sometime this Fall in the northern hemisphere. A trailer promoting […]

It finally happens, those looking to fill time till 5 gets made can pick up The Complete Indiana Jones Collection on Blu-Ray later this year.

Comment

In the scene where Indy shoots the swordsman, have they used CGI to make it look like the swordsman shot first?

Nooooooooooo!

Comment

Well, Indy thinks he's going to shoot first, but really he's now just holding a walky talky

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        In the scene where Indy shoots the swordsman, have they used CGI to make it look like the swordsman shot first?
                        The swordsman always shot first. He's just going to fix it now to sort out that confusion on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          The swordsman always shot first. He's just going to fix it now to sort out that confusion on your part.
                          Thats like something that would come out the ministry of truth.

Comment

For those after the Blu-Ray set:

The Best of the New DVD Releases of 2019 July 7, 2022 People just love movies. They are one of society’s favorite forms of entertainment and a great way to experience a story. Documentaries can be instrumental in the spread of new ideas or concepts. Hit movies such as Star Wars or The Godfather can […]

Raiders has been restored frame by frame and Temple of Doom will be uncut from the original theatrical version

Comment

I was in a cafe in Texas a few weeks back and they were playing all the Indy films back to back on some American HD TV channel. Sitting watching raiders for the while I was in there, the HD made the film look like it was 'made for TV'. I hope the Blu Rays don't end up having that look about them.

Comment

That's what HD does to EVERY film. Can't stand it.

Comment

Working...
                                X