No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst film I've seen ruined (well, it's a pretty poor film anyway but hey ho) by the jump to HD is Independence Day. All the planes and buildings look like they belong on a model rail road track.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
      I was in a cafe in Texas a few weeks back and they were playing all the Indy films back to back on some American HD TV channel. Sitting watching raiders for the while I was in there, the HD made the film look like it was 'made for TV'. I hope the Blu Rays don't end up having that look about them.

Man, they're crazy in America, where I went to recently. Did I mention it?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        Raiders has been restored frame by frame and Temple of Doom will be uncut from the original theatrical version
        Thats good to know, at least it sounds like they are getting the transfer they deserve. Unlike Star Wars on Blu-ray (using the same ones as the DVD's you tight arsed bastard).

I'm still going nowhere near these though until someone on a forum, such as this, physically has them in their hand and tells me niether Lucas or Spielberg has dicked around with them.

I'm also in the firm "loathe" camp on Lucas' consistant messing around with his films. Personally he can mess around with his output as much as he likes PROVIDED the original cut is still on offer. Many directors have done this, Freidkin, Ridley Scott, Speilberg, only Lucas insists that the "new" version is now the definitive version going forward.

Without raking up old ground THE most annoying thing he ever did is re-edit the SW original trilogy to suggest you should watch them in 1-2-3-4-5-6 order and not 4-5-6-1-2-3, therefore spoiling cinemas GREATEST ever reveal in TESB. Hayden Christenson appearing at the end of ROTJ as a "ghost" was obscene.

Comment

It's where it happened man, what do you want me to do? The scene needed to be set!

Comment

Ha ha ha!

I'm just joking, mate.

Just like this one time, when we were in TEXAS!

Comment

Even if they're not done that well hd transfers of old films should look good compared to DVD, not like they are made for tv. What makes them look like they are made for tv is that some HD TV's have a realistic motion option, which makes all films look rubbish.

Comment

First rule of a new HDTV is.....turn everything off.

Sony has that awesome one (motion flow?) that makes everything look like early 90's Neighbours....sped up at that.

Comment

The Kidd here There's a part of me that thinks a fifth Indiana Jones film is just a bad idea. After CRYSTAL SKULL, it just feels like we should leave Indy alone and move onto other things. Would I love another adventure with Indiana Jones?...

Frank Marshall says Lucas still hasn't settled on an idea for this so it's not happening anytime soon.

I've never understood why Lucas is so dimwitted about how he goes about this stuff. It's only settling on an idea, if he got over himself he'd pick a suitable idea (which isn't hardwork) and get a credible writer on it.

Comment

The Kidd here I only wish more studios would get behind this idea of retrospective screenings without tacking on 3D. But in a true sign of awesomeness, word has leaked out that Paramount is planning a re-release of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK,...

The Blu-Ray set is out soon and to celebrate there's a rumour that Raiders will get a limited IMAX run

Comment

The University of Chicago has recieved amysteriius package addressed to Indiana. A fan gesture or Disney going viral ahead of a new film?

Comment

Shia LaBeouf is Young Indiana Jones!

My guess anyway.
                        Last edited by Kit; 17-12-2012, 17:45.

Comment

Double post.

Comment

That's pretty cool (if it was just a fan).

I did see Raiders on the imax in September, it was a lot better than most modern film experiences. I hope Indy 5 doesn't get made. Somebody needs to put a stop to this endless procession of pointless sequels and remakes.

Comment

71 year old Harrison Ford hasn’t given up the idea of returning as Indiana Jones for a fifth feature. Out doing promotion for his new thriller “Paranoia,” Ford tells The Telegraph: “We’ve seen the character develop and grow over a period of time and it’s perfectly appropriate and okay for him to come back again […]

Ford says he's not ruling out one more crack of the whip.

Comment

the last was way way below par, and Harrison looked very fragile, at 71 now, there is ZERO chance he could pull off another Indy,

they waited far too long to make indy IV, so i would just let it go...

Comment

Working...
                                X