Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prometheus

Trailer officially launches very soon but some footage is already out. They've been doing a few teaser trailers, here is the firstLooks so cool If you really want you can find the full trailer already but the quality is pretty bad. Trailer is officially out tomorrow.Not sure if its officially connected to Alien any more but it certainly has some hooks into that franchise.

[img]http://www.prometheusnews.net/wp-con...aser-01-21.jpg[/img]

Last edited by PeteJ; 21-12-2011, 21:18.

I'm very interested in this for a variety of reasons.

Firstly, because it could be awesome! Loads of potential for a Alien prequel / something not quite an Alien prequel.

I do have concerns. Scott can be great (Alien, Black Hawk Down), or quite, quite poor (the recent Robin Hood). Also having seen the new Holmes film, I'm unsure if Noomi Rapace will be any good; but she was brilliant in Dragon so who knows.

Lots of unknowns means it could be brilliant. Certainly the images released so far are great. This one is a work of art:

Comment

Hopefully they will put loads of effort into make up and costume like the original Alien films. If the monsters are CGI it will not be scary. Nothing computer generated can be scary IMO.

The Greek story of the Titan Prometheus was he moulded man out of clay and stole the 'fire of life' from Zeus to animate mankind. Really looking forward to the story of the movie!
      Last edited by 'Press Start'; 21-12-2011, 21:43.

Comment

It hadn't occurred to me they may use CG for the alien. That would be horrible. I can't see Scott doing it.

Comment

New trailer is out for this today and is currently doing the rounds on the tinterwebz. Ive seen it.
          It looks ok. Alot more action packed then I thought it would be. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. I was hoping it would be a slow burner, like Alien.
          Not giving to much away, there is a huge exploding/crashing spaceship and lots of running a screaming.
          Last edited by BeyondJumpFish; 22-12-2011, 16:29.

Comment

I've read the leaked synopsis, it sounds absolutely fantastic!

Comment

Here it is folks, the best trailer of 2011

Trailer officially 'launches' at 20:00 (where we'll get the proper 1080p version) but the internet being the internet has released it early.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Isnt this more to do with the space jockey from the first film? rather than the aliens themselves? Looks good regardless of whats running around killing people

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
                    Isnt this more to do with the space jockey from the first film? rather than the aliens themselves? Looks good regardless of whats running around killing people
                    Just incase anyone doesn't want to read a spoiler.

The Space Jockies are hugely important to the film, you can find a leaked synopsis online if you want to know more.

Comment

Looks amazing. After this, The Hobbit and the DKR trailers I'm so excited for next year after a pretty lacklustre 2011.
                      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Looks alright, though surely it won't reach its full potential till Fox makes Alien vs Prometheus vs Predator?

Lots of places seem to be saying there's no direct Alien link, though if I remember right there's supposed to be a Prometheus 2 so I guess that one could be the link

Comment

Goosebumps.

Comment

I don't think the trailer was very good if i'm being honest, but it still hasn't dampened my excitement for the film. The last few seconds showed the kind of stuff I wanted to see.......

Comment

Visuals looked great if a little 'clean'? (I think that's what I mean). I only hope that the cast has a bit of personality to them. Stuff like Sunshine and (way lower down on the scale, admittedly) Aliens vs Predator failed for me because I couldn't give a stuff for any of them.

Edit - just had a browse around at the cast. I've heard of a few of them but visually they all seem a bit bland.

Still looking forward to it, though.
                              Last edited by Wil; 23-12-2011, 08:55.

Comment

Working...
                              X