No announcement yet.

Pacific Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So apparently this is confirmed for a sequel coming out in 2017 for some reason I can't quite figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      So apparently this is confirmed for a sequel coming out in 2017 for some reason I can't quite figure out.
      YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

CANCELLING ANOTHER APOCALYPSE

Comment

Yeah! Sign me up for another tour in the Jaegers!

It's definite: Guillermo del Toro confirms that Pacific Rim 2 is coming, with a 2017 release date earmarked.

Now here's some good news. We thoroughly enjoyed Pacific Rim last year, and at the time, the chat was about whether it had made enough money to justify a sequel. The movie grossed just over $100m at the US box office but went on to take $411m in all on its cinema run. That, in theory, should have been just enough to get a sequel moving.
        Guillermo del Toro had been chatting about Pacific Rim 2 over the past year, with the latest being that he was developing the screenplay with Zak Penn. And now the film has been 100% confirmed. Pacific Rim 2 will arrive in cinemas on April 7th 2017.
        del Toro told Buzzfeed that "the characters I love will return. Raleigh, Mako, Newt, Gottlieb and who knows, maybe even Hannibal Chau – but we are taking them into a fresh territory that will display amazing sights and battles. The first film set the stage and now we’re ready to have a blast".
        A spin-off animated series is also coming.
        Pacific Rim was released by Warner Bros, via its then team-up with Legendary Pictures. This time, the film has followed Legendary to Universal, who will be putting it out.

Comment

The more I watch the first movie the more I like it and spot new details. Sign me up for a new one .

Comment

I like to think greenlit for marketing reasons, they put makes Godzilla 2 instantly seem 10x better

Comment

I'm happy about it, loved the nonsense-level of the first. I need more.

Comment

Working...
              X