No announcement yet.

The Amazing Spiderman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errr, that looks A LOT better than the first movie already. Still not over excited or anything because I have a sneaking suspicion Parker and Gwen will be moody and pining for each other for the middle section of the movie. Unless they learnt their lesson from the first movie.

REALLY want to see some CGI Rhino action, even if he dosent appear that long in the movie. You kinda get the feeling this will build up to sinister 6 quite nicely. It would be most fan boys wet dream to see Spidey battling 6 classic villans at the same time. Rhino, Electro aaaaaand maybe Vulture, Scorpian, Doc Ock, and green / hob goblin?

Comment

Got to admit, despite the low quality of the video it does look quite good. Seeing the superhuman strength and ability of Spiderman is always nice to remind viewers that he's not just a gymnast at peak fitness in a suit. That's what I enjoyed about the first three films; they showed that this slim geek of a guy was a pretty tough and strong lad after all.

Good to see they're going with new villains to give the spotlight to for now. I wouldn't want to see any of the previous films' antagonists pop up again (bar story-driven cameos of one/two scenes max) until Amazing Spiderman 3 if that gets realised.

Here's a question. How would viewers feel if in the next couple of films

Gwen Stacy either died (as per the comics) or my personal favourite, became Carnage like in Ultimate Spiderman? I would definitely like to see Emma Stone take that challenge on and its about time Peter Parker had a female villain to deal with. Plus it could undo all the bad will that was sown with the underutilising of Venom in Spiderman III.

Comment

Paddy, I prefer the former of your two options.

I remember reading the story as a kid and it being really hard-hitting.
        Its impact is still a landmark even to this day.

It's also one of the few times in a comic where a character

stays dead

!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          Paddy, I prefer the former of your two options.

I remember reading the story as a kid and it being really hard-hitting.
          Its impact is still a landmark even to this day.

It's also one of the few times in a comic where a character

stays dead

!
          QC, I think that's key in any fictional story tbh. I do wonder sometimes why film studios/TV show/comics writers (the biggest offenders of them all) are so keen on finding 101 ways to bring characters back from the dead? You'd think they'd realise how cliche that idea in storytelling is in 2013.

Comment

needs to die in this movie, Mary Jane is parkers main squeeze and we need to see that start some time.

Comment

Real insight into Bash's relationships there...

Comment

Sony have already announced release dates up to Amazing Spider-Man 4 so plenty of time to bring in Ms Watson.

Comment

Plenty of time?

in the comics Gwen died

quite early on. Maybe its because I read spidey in late 80's/90's but for me its PP 4 MJ 4evaaaaaaaaaaar!

Comment

With this all that stuff seems to be more geared towards Amazing Spiderman 3, I think the person in questions popularity protects them for now.

Comment

They were going to introduce MJ in the second film, but have cut her out, so I guess it will be film 3 before that happens...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        They were going to introduce MJ in the second film, but have cut her out, so I guess it will be film 3 before that happens...
                        I think that's great news. It sounds like they're giving the characters space to grow, as opposed to cramming them all into the same film.

Comment

Well, I believe it was like 5 mins cameo at the end of the second film, not as a main part of the action...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Superhero films are awesome when they're love stories.

Comment

A photo of Avi Arad on the set of “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” showcases a soundstage with the branding “Sinister 6” on it. No doubt some of the crew had fun with that paint job, but it only adds fuel to the rumors of the villain team of the same name showing up in future […]

Sound stage gets a cheeky nickname

Comment

Two cast members, said to be in talks for major superhero sequels, now look to be locked in. First up, Samuel L. Jackson has confirmed that Elizabeth Olsen has boarded Marvel Studios’ “The Avengers: Age of Ultron”. Speaking with The Wall Street Journal, Jackson says: “I don’t think we begin shooting before March of next […]

No news this week for the film, instead its all been about the third film. Latest is the Giamatti has confirmed he'll return as Rhino, the third film will again be written by the same team as this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X