No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my mind Lucas is a brillit business man and knows his stuff when it comes to technology. He's also had tremendous luck as he's a terrible writer and director. Its no secret how he borrowed heavily to put Star Wars together creatively and whilst thats fair play as he got rich that way, with Indy its mostly Ford and Speilberg to thank for them working despite the premise being Lucas's

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      I would say with 1970's Star Wars and American Graffiti prove he was a decent director
      Was. Was.

Comment

As above, nobody's denying that Lucas is a good businessman, they're saying that he's a bad filmmaker. When the world of Star Wars was being created, he did not have full control
        He did make the 1st Star War he did come up with the story and cast of characters - That to me showed the man had other talents and I'm sure with Empire and Return he had complete control since he financed them ...

He either doesn't know anything about filmmaking (just look at the crappy static shot/
        He knows more than us here I'm willing to bet, but everyone has their time and their day and his time is passed and so to me is Star Wars

Comment

Uwe Boll has managed to raise financing for 22 features. House of the Dead came out in 2003 and the man still gets a paycheck and raises money as both producer and director (and sometimes writer) on film after film, year after year. And you know what? Being honest, I couldn't do that. Have any of us made a movie better than he has? And many of these are his creations to do with as he pleases, who are we to criticise?

Maybe both Lucas and Boll deserve a break. They should totally start a club.

Edit: TA, Lucas definitely had talent. I totally agree with you. The man inspired people to deliver excellent work and he spun some story elements and characters who would become some of the best loved and well known characters ever. He was a visionary. He had the drive to get those movies made, never easy. He founded ILM in the process, and much more. And launched an empire. Those things can't be denied. But he then went on to make a heinous amount of cack and his earlier achievements don't wipe those from existence.
          Last edited by Dogg Thang; 31-10-2012, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            Was. Was.
            Exactly - Everyone has their time, even film makers

Comment

35 years on and people still adore and get worked up about Star Wars. Not just some people, but millions of them. It's as relevant and popular as ever.

Comment

Uwe Boll has managed to raise financing for 22 features
                LOL looking over the pathetic comparison I would say the difference was Lucas didn't need to raise funds for Empire I doubt we'll be talking about Uwe Boll franchine some 30 years latter too , but there you go

I thought the sequels to the Matrix were a crap , but it was Wachowski brothers world and story to choose what do with

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                  35 years on and people still adore and get worked up about Star Wars. Not just some people, but millions of them. It's as relevant and popular as ever.
                  Yep Just look at Only Fools and Horse and Red Dwarf we all still love them and all still talk about them , but the newer versions are never has good. I wouldn't for one sec though, make out that John Sullivan didn't know the 1st think about comedy or scripts

Everything has its time imo

Comment

Id like to what Nolan could do with a trilogy. Grounded, less cg, gritty. Give some unknown tallent to shine maybe in a related story arc but doesn't include the originals actors, Lukes kids maybe with a Hammil cameo once or twice.

Id definitely like to see a more mature darker tone to it all though. As the recent batman trilogy proved it can be done and still make a boot load of money for the studio too.

Comment

Things I have learned from Team Andromeda recently:

Nintendo can't make money and are a poor company.

George Lucas can make money and is therefore a brilliant film maker.

Comment

I hated Evil Dead III but at the end of the day it was Sam baby and his world to mess around with
                        Now it is very much on like Donkey Kong.

Comment

LOL looking over the pathetic comparison I would say the difference was Lucas didn't need to raise funds for Empire I doubt we'll be talking about Uwe Boll franchine some 30 years latter too , but there you go

I thought the sequels to the Matrix were a crap , but it was Wachowski brothers world and story to choose what do with
                          Wachowski siblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                            He did make the 1st Star War

Go see a Star War

Comment

I'd hate a more grounded Star Wars, it'd likely end up as LOTR in space. It was fine as it was; a slightly cheesey action adventure. The trouble is decades of fan worship would have the OT as being much deeper than it actually is. Plus, thanks to that fanbase, a reboot will likely never happen and the new film will likely forceably be OT in tone so as not to risk anymore fan rage. Not that he's available but Whedon would probably be a spot on choice to make one. Serenity was probably the next closest thing.

Comment

Hang on, are you saying LotR is grounded?

Comment

Working...
                                X