No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars will indeed bring out strong opinions but calls of fanboy achieve little one way or another. Enjoy what you enjoy.

Edit: A related thought on the strong views of Star Wars. Given my own Star Wars apathy, it is a real testament to this new movie that it seems to have reignited the enjoyment of Star Wars for me and so many others. Flaws and all, they have brought us back to what made Star Wars fun and that is no minor achievement. Especially from JJ who, in my own humble opinion, butchered that last Star Trek movie (actually that first Trek he did could well be the only other thing of his I have enjoyed...)

Also they will now sell lots and lots of Lego sets but that seems like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 03-01-2016, 16:47.

Comment

Both my children are too young for Lego so I don't know much about it but I always thought they did Star Wars Lego and just release new sets when a new movie comes out

But what I know is that it's bloody expensive and will rue the day either one of my children ask for it

Comment

It's INSANELY expensive. And they seem to have hugely hiked up the price of the new Force Awakens sets too. They knew they were onto a gold mine.

Comment

It may appear as no more than a popular children's toy, but investors were able to secure a better return buying Lego sets over the past 15 years than from the stock market, gold or bank accounts, a Telegraph analysis found.

Comment

Can't say I agree with the accusations that are getting flung my way... after all it takes no effort at all to ignore something, it just takes time. And for the fifteen years after the prequels I didn't give a toss about Star Wars, so the fanboy label doesn't really stick.

The movies are better with the low quality elements removed, simple as that.

Comment

Seen it twice. First time I really liked it, but couldn't fully relax with it due to an unsettling fear of possible disappointment. On the second viewing, without worrying if it was a good film and knowing it was true to what I consider to be 'real' Star Wars, I thought it was outstanding.

Comment

only seen it once, i did like it A LOT.. but there are a couple of minor issues that stop it being a great film.

my main gripe is,

Rays ability to use the force and wield a light saber with no training what so ever, and gets the better of Kylo who has had a lot of training.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  only seen it once, i did like it A LOT.. but there are a couple of minor issues that stop it being a great film.

my main gripe is,

Rays ability to use the force and wield a light saber with no training what so ever, and gets the better of Kylo who has had a lot of training.

Again...

Luke has as much ability to use a lightsaber in episodes IV and V with very little training.

Plus Rey is good with a staff - you see her fight earlier in the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Again...

Luke has as much ability to use a lightsaber in episodes IV and V with very little training.

Plus Rey is good with a staff - you see her fight earlier in the film.
                    fair point but you cant explain

how she knows mind control. Luke didn't use that until Jedi, 6 years after learning about the force and even then he was told of that at the start from Ben so he was aware of it, no one told her of that power *that i can recall* unless Kylo somehow manages to give her knowledge of it when he tries to read her mind

Comment

They did talk about "stories" of the original trilogy, so perhaps the Jedi mind trick was in one of those?

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Seen it twice. First time I really liked it, but couldn't fully relax with it due to an unsettling fear of possible disappointment. On the second viewing, without worrying if it was a good film and knowing it was true to what I consider to be 'real' Star Wars, I thought it was outstanding.
                      Looking forward to watching it at home on bluray, I just hope they release the 3D version.

Comment

it will be defo BR purchase for me, being disney, i bet they will release a few versions, with the 3D/Imax version being a premium.
                        just hope they dont short change the UK as they have been recently.

Comment

It's now 4th globally - chugging along quite nicely

Opens in China on the 9th, will be interesting to see how it does

Comment

fair point but you cant explain

how she knows mind control. Luke didn't use that until Jedi, 6 years after learning about the force and even then he was told of that at the start from Ben so he was aware of it, no one told her of that power *that i can recall* unless Kylo somehow manages to give her knowledge of it when he tries to read her mind
                            No timeline is given in the movies so you're going in external sources for Luke there. As far as the movies actually depict, his training is minimal. A crash course at best. But I reckon you're missing a couple of things that also go towards explaining this.

The big one is in the title of the movie and the lightsaber part. The idea of a lightsaber and the Force actively calling someone is entirely new to these movies. It implies the Force is playing some sort of active role here, especially with regards to Rey. The Force awakens... for some reason.

The other thing is that Rey is a very different type of person. Luke resisted. He was a whiny farm boy being shown amazing tricks he couldn't believe. "Always with you it cannot be done". Rey is seen to just go for it right from the start. She is a far more active character than Luke and requires no push to try these things. That would go towards making anyone learn something quicker in real life so there is no reason to think it wouldn't apply here.

And yes, as Asura says, when it comes to the lightsaber, we see that she can handle in a way Luke couldn't.

Comment

it will be defo BR purchase for me, being disney, i bet they will release a few versions, with the 3D/Imax version being a premium.
                              just hope they dont short change the UK as they have been recently.
                              Frozen and Big Hero 6 didn't get 3D releases in NA, I had to import them from the UK and Japan respectively.

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say, thought it was the US and Canada that Disney were stuffing these days. We usually get the 3D versions.

Comment

Working...
                                X