Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
    Can anyone remember the ring raiders kids movie from the 80's?.
    Man alive. Was the script penned by Jimmy Savile?

Comment

I saw Boyhood this evening. A pretty remarkable movie. There is something haunting about watching the time just go like that with no going back. Some lovely moments, all very genuine real life. Many funny, some a little sad. The film is LONG though and I found myself drifting off a little about three quarters through. I also found myself more attached to the parent characters than the actual boy, not sure that was the intention. Still, a pretty amazing achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
        Under The Skin

Just watched this, absolutely mind blowing....don't want to say too much so i'll just say watch it, especially if you are a fan of the darker works of the likes of kubrick.

Scarlett Johansson is amazing in this...in every way
        Such an eerie experience. I wasn't going to watch it because of all the 'full of hate' reviews on IMDB, but I ended up being spellbound by the whole film. Scarlett Johansson, who isn't an actress I have taken much notice of, was totally captivating. Her English accent was impressively spot on.

I think lots of people expected it to be a sci-fi fest, with action and gore, but it's not. It's a strange, dark film that has a very distinct vibe. 8/10

Comment

Beneath the dawn of the rise of the conquest of the fight for the planet of the apes.

Was good not great. That's literally all I have to say about it apart from the the score was horribly generic and gave the film a soft tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
            Beneath the dawn of the rise of the conquest of the fight for the planet of the apes.
            Is that the one with the apes in?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              sounds like someone giving directions

Beneath the dawn, left at the bus stop, carry on down the street, turn off at the rise of the conquest, and look out for the fight for the planet of the apes
              Last edited by Lebowski; 23-07-2014, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                sounds someone giving directions

Beneath the dawn, left at the bus stop, carry on down the street, turn off at the rise of the conquest, and look out for the fight for the planet of the apes

Comment

Was a good weekend for movies

rise of the planet of the apes
                  Was fairly enjoyable with superb special effects which only looked dodgy in some areas like koba on horseback with automatic weapons, looked like hey sampled scarface and put a monkey mask on him, got to see it free with my cinema tickets from club Lloyd's so can't complain

videogames the movie
                  Yeah an alright documentary on our favourite subject and mentioned alot I didn't know and loads of archive footage of tv adverts which are always interesting - no neo geo though which I thought was a little odd - end credits are good because it rattles through footage of game endings of some you might of seen and some you wished you had seen back in the day

transformers age of extinction
                  It was alright and not the worst In The franchise so far, still hate the tumbling about they all do. Drift was quite funny but not enough if him and really hardly any if the Dino-bots and don't understand why they just don't scan something new, end battle was about the best thing In The movie, but I expect loads of plot holes and just stupid things to happen so can accept them

I did like lockdown though but wasn't too bothered by galvatron being honest and I guess the new transformium will make it easier to transform robots in disguise but I'm not a fan, they didn't quite explain why the old transformers transform as they do and and the new transformers just do it T1000 style but more 8bit

Comment

I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on Saturday and I certainly recommend it to anyone interested.

Comment

Took my daughter to see:

how to train your dragon 2
                      Well my daughter came along with me to watch it - utterly fantastic in everyday, it's charming, funny and maybe a little tearful for the ladies (maybe gents) and as always well animated and looks great

Can't recommend it enough - saw it in 2D, won't be taking my children to see a 3D movie or play a 3D game until they are a lot older

Comment

Originally posted by fuelify View Post
                        Was the story any good?
                        Its alright, and leads on for another nice enough. (sorry for late reply)

Comment

Brick Mansions
                          just not all that great to be honest and based Luc Besson's district 13

some nice parkour sequences in it but just boring throughout and don't understand how RZA is becoming this big actor when he isn't great

and I know its not good to speak of the dead but paul walker is just a terrible actor

Comment

Mean Girls 2. Not my idea, but not actually that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              I know its not good to speak of the dead but paul walker is just a terrible actor
                              was just a terrible actor.

Was.

Comment

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - took the kids to see this at the Olympic Cinema ; 3D, Dolby ATMOS ; kids loved it, I thought it was great, sound was superb, seats were awesome, great cinema. Only negative was I thought the 3D was a bit blurry but I was up the front reclined on my sofa chair with my feet up on the foot cushions

I think I will become a regular at the cinema, it's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X