Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I preferred that version to the Edward Norton one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
      I preferred that version to the Edward Norton one.
      Really .. were you watching the same film ... lol ... I'm not even going to go there ...

Comment

Just watched The Hunger Games.

Should've just watched Battle Royal again.

Comment

Watched pulp fiction for the first time in about 5 years...

Every time i watch it nothing can disrupt my viewing, probably the most perfect movie i can recall.

Amazing, amazing, amazing.

Comment

Dark Knight Rises. Missed it on the big screen for one reason or another and finally got round to seeing it on Blu-ray. Simply awesome. Made me want to go right back to the start and watch all 3 again. Wish I'd seen it at the cinema though ... just to hear Bane's voice resonating through the place.

Brave. Another top notch film from Pixar. That bear!

Comment

I saw it in the cinema and Bane's voice did not resonate. It fumbled its way through the air like somebody rummaging through a woollen handbag filled with cushions whilst wearing crocheted boxing gloves. I was able to make out maybe 3 sentences of intelligible dialogue.

It was all worth it though, to hear Batman's rib crackingly hilarious delivery of 'where's the triggerrrrrrrerererr!?' It was like Batman had seen people doing 'the Bale Batman voice' and fancied having a go at it himself.
              Last edited by noobish hat; 12-12-2012, 18:17.

Comment

I don't know who has a funnier voice bane or batman (who sounded even sillier than in previous films). I thought the film was disappointing, full of plot holes, featured hilariously forced moments of exposition where characters seemed to talk directly at the audience, it lacked spectacle, and contained some of Nolans worst moments as a director, but it probably still would have been alot better simply if the hero and villain didn't sound like a good guy/bad guy duo from a Saturday morning kids cartoon. It was all just so fake and forced and silly... (That's the voices, although the plot was too).
                Last edited by rmoxon; 12-12-2012, 19:15.

Comment

I thought Bane sounded spot on (at home anyway ) ... but I agree on the bat voice. Bale's a better Bruce than a Batman.

Comment

I'd be interested to know if the home release has had any changes made to the ridiculously muffled voice of Bane. Not interested enough to ever watch it again, though. I'd imagine nothing has been changed at all, since after all the complaints and piss taking over Batman's Dark Knight voice, their way of pleasing the fans was to make it even more over the top and add a villain who was even more incomprehensible.

Comment

I actually think bale was miscast as batman...although he's a seriously good actor, american psycho and empire are testament to this, he doesnt fit batman imo.

Despite this i thought DKR was amazing, any 3 hour film that flies by that quickly has to be doing things right.

...dont know how it lacks spectacle? It is spectacular in almost every scene from the opening, the bat craft reveal, and the explosion and collapse of a certain part of gotham to name but a few.

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                      I'd be interested to know if the home release has had any changes made to the ridiculously muffled voice of Bane. Not interested enough to ever watch it again, though. I'd imagine nothing has been changed at all, since after all the complaints and piss taking over Batman's Dark Knight voice, their way of pleasing the fans was to make it even more over the top and add a villain who was even more incomprehensible.
                      I watched it at the cinema while on holiday in portugal, and was slating the place with my brother because we both thought the place had been calibrated by some absolute moron. It wasnt just banes voice that was inaudible, there was a whole spectrum of sound that was completely off, like regular peoples voices becoming lost amidst gunfire in certain action sequences...we were a hair away from asking for a refund but didnt want to get lost in translation, and look like english arrogant arses in the process. Besides the fact that we'd seen part of the film and didnt want to wait.

The bluray is perfect however, with banes voice being bang on. The soundtrack is light years ahead of what i heard at the cinema. I really dont understand how it ever slipped through quality control checks, it was truly god awful.

The bluray soundtrack is agressive, maybe it was just too agressive at the cinema like on a different scale all together, and probably beyond what many lesser places were capable of. At least thats how it sounded to me.
                      Last edited by PaTaito; 12-12-2012, 22:03.

Comment

Yeah, I recall Gordon being almost inaudible at certain (crucial) points too.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                          I actually think bale was miscast as batman...although he's a seriously good actor, american psycho and empire are testament to this, he doesnt fit batman imo.

Despite this i thought DKR was amazing, any 3 hour film that flies by that quickly has to be doing things right.

...dont know how it lacks spectacle? It is spectacular in almost every scene from the opening, the bat craft reveal, and the explosion and collapse of a certain part of gotham to name but a few.

I watched it at the cinema while on holiday in portugal, and was slating the place with my brother because we both thought the place had been calibrated by some absolute moron. It wasnt just banes voice that was inaudible, there was a whole spectrum of sound that was completely off, like regular peoples voices becoming lost amidst gunfire in certain action sequences...we were a hair away from asking for a refund but didnt want to get lost in translation, and look like english arrogant arses in the process. Besides the fact that we'd seen part of the film and didnt want to wait.

The bluray is perfect however, with banes voice being bang on. The soundtrack is light years ahead of what i heard at the cinema. I really dont understand how it ever slipped through quality control checks, it was truly god awful.

The bluray soundtrack is agressive, maybe it was just too agressive at the cinema like on a different scale all together, and probably beyond what many lesser places were capable of. At least thats how it sounded to me.
                          i thought dark knight rises lacked spectacle becuase of the fact that Nolan seemed much lazier with it that with the other films. For instance when cat woman jumps into the bat car only to discover it can fly, that would have been a cool moment for the audience.... Had it been the first time we had seen it fly. But it wasn't, so the scene lacked impact.

Likewise the first scene we do actually see it fly was handled very badly in its self, the fact that batman now has a flying car is not shown for the first time in an exciting way. A lot of those moments have to do with the sound mix on the film I think, none of the big moments have any kick to them, you're watching a flying bat vechile make its escapse but you might as well be watching him cycle to the post office.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 12-12-2012, 23:16.

Comment

At least it wasn't as stupid as in the first film, when he escapes the cop cars and helicopters by... turning his lights off. It's a ghost car!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                              i thought dark knight rises lacked spectacle becuase of the fact that Nolan seemed much lazier with it that with the other films. For instance when cat woman jumps into the bat car only to discover it can fly, that would have been a cool moment for the audience.... Had it been the first time we had seen it fly. But it wasn't, so the scene lacked impact.

Likewise the first scene we do actually see it fly was handled very badly in its self, the fact that batman now has a flying car is not shown for the first time in an exciting way. A lot of those moments have to do with the sound mix on the film I think, none of the big moments have any kick to them, you're watching a flying bat vechile make its escapse but you might as well be watching him cycle to the post office.
                              I thought the crafts reveal was ace.....cornered in an alley with seemingly no escape, them boom, the lights flash and sound mix rumble and its away.

It fit in nicely with batmans first foray in the costume for years, and was a nice little finale to the action, the sequence as a whole was handled well.

It might have also been decent for the catwoman part to be the first flight, but i think it worked better the way nolan did it.
                              Last edited by PaTaito; 13-12-2012, 00:41.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                                I thought the crafts reveal was ace.....cornered in an alley with seemingly no escape, them boom, the lights flash and sound mix rumble and its away.

It fit in nicely with batmans first foray in the costume for years, and was a nice little finale to the action, the sequence as a whole was handled well.

It might have also been decent for the catwoman part to be the first flight, but i think it worked better the way nolan did it.
                                It wasn't so much which reveal was better that I was talking about, I'm saying they are both bad. The way batman goes "this isn't a car!" And then it flys off is a very showy moment that seems directed at the audience.... Yet we have already seen him fly so it has no impact, its not the suprise that it appears to be intended to be. Meanwhile the first time we do actually see batman fly, that reveal is handleed poorly too, we have already had it spelt out for us by Morgan freeman that batman now has a "bat", and when the reveal happens its disappointing not only becuase we are expecting it but it comes at the most convinent time. I expect more from Nolan.

Comment

Working...
                                X