Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I know. I could tell just from the trailers but you didnt really appreciate the doller signs ker-chinging for the studio until the end credits kicked in and you realised just how little plot their was or risk involved. And bloody wiki says they're gearing up for a 5th FFS!

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed it, the main characters motivation was kinda sad, a bit like flowers for Algenon.

Comment

Skyfall - saw it on the worlds biggest IMAX screen! Loved the movie, wasn't suited to such a massive screen though. For me it could've done with more chicks and hand to hand combat. But still a man can't have everything.

Comment

Theres a risk if hear anymore praise for skyfall, that i might just go and deep fry my own face.

Comment

Just watched Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter.

Standard Timur Bekmambetov; CGI, undead, slow-mo. I kinda liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
              Theres a risk if hear anymore praise for skyfall, that i might just go and deep fry my own face.
              apparantly it took 40 days to earn the title of high grossing movie in UK cinema history, beating Avatar which took 11 months to earn it

Just saying.....

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                apparantly it took 40 days to earn the title of high grossing movie in UK cinema history, beating Avatar which took 11 months to earn it

Just saying.....
                If people pay to see a film then chances are most of them are seeing it for the first time and don't know if its good or not, so high gross is no sign of quality.

Yeah, most people would agree that Avatar and Skyfall are both great films (well maybe not on here, but in most places they would), but like you I'm just saying...

Comment

Re: What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

BBC2 tonight. Led Zeppelin, The Relic and then everybody's favourite comfort film, Day of the Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                    If people pay to see a film then chances are most of them are seeing it for the first time and don't know if its good or not, so high gross is no sign of quality.

Yeah, most people would agree that Avatar and Skyfall are both great films (well maybe not on here, but in most places they would), but like you I'm just saying...
                    I love both and Avatar has a special place in my life (first date with the mother of my two children)

but i was just adding fuel to someone wanting to deep fry their own face if they heard more

but disagreeing with the oracle who can never be wrong if you look at the top 50 grossing movies of all time a good chunk of them are pretty decent, except number 2 which is dreadful - maybe because i knew the ending before i watched it - ha!

but im happy that Skyfall will probably cross 900m worldwide

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      BBC2 tonight. Led Zeppelin, The Relic and then everybody's favourite comfort film, Day of the Dead!
                      Despite popular opinion, Day of the Dead is Romero's best film.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        Despite popular opinion, Day of the Dead is Romero's best film.
                        This is correct.

Comment

Jesus, Mary & Joseph!

Comment

Men In Black III

Actually works fine and quite a bit better than 2, what saves it though is Josh Brolin who has TLJ down to a tee ... Really impressive acting, and its what makes the film really ...

Not a classic but certainly watchable

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              everybody's favourite comfort film, Day of the Dead!
                              You joke but that is my favourite comfort film.

Comment

Re: What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                You joke but that is my favourite comfort film.
                                Ha ha ha! I wasn't joking!

It really made me chuckle just how many people listed DotD as their most-watched film in that thread a while back.

As Dr. Tongue shuffles in front of the blazing sun, there's a collective sigh of relief from Bordersdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X