Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By far Mcqueens best film although I havent seen Hunger but I didnt enjoy Shame. It didnt tell enough of the background for me. Just hints of abuse. 12 years is more cohesive and you get a decent beginning, middle and end. Ultimately its pretty biographical being based on Solomans memoirs so that helped a great deal with the screenplay no doubt.

I was bored and had it lying around for nearly a year, just was too lazy to watch it, a few people are saying the same thing about needing to be in the right frame of mind. I actually disagree with this, if you want to watch a great film, just watch it because ultimately thats what it is. Its an all time classic for sure!

Comment

After feeling guilty about taking my five year old to see Guardians of the Galaxy and the horrific backlash on here, we did Planes 2 this weekend, i'd rather that he was psychologically damaged that sit through that asinine piece of bull****. Not going to set him up for later life or teach him any taste in movies!

Kidding, it's dreadful though, avoid.

Comment

So, did anyone actually go and see Expendables 3? I decided I'm not going to pay for PG-13 rubbish with a bunch of no-name newcomers (I mean what the actual f*** were they thinking), but did anyone here see it?

Comment

We fancied watching a horror (even though I think nearly all horrors are pants) and came across the Evil Dead. Due to hearing good things about it we watched it, my wife fell asleep and I though it was pants. Perhaps Evil Dead 2 is the good one?

Comment

At last report, actress Scout Taylor-Compton was preparing for “Halloween 3D,” a sequel to Rob Zombie’s two rebooted “Halloween” films which The Weinstein Company was planning to produce. That plan appears to have changed. Schmoes Know reports that the distributor is moving in a new direction and is scrapping the original script by Patrick Lussier […]

The next Halloween film is getting completely reworked delaying way down the line. However, it will still be a sequel to the two existing Rob Zombie entries

Comment

Just watched Resident Evil Afterlife. It's a very, very stupid movie.

Comment

I stopped watching the resi movies after the 2nd one which was awful. Twas a shame as I quite liked the first one but diminishing certainly returns it would seem

Comment

Skinwalkers.

B movie, pretty good, actually the only hand cam film I've seen that I've ever found watchable - you can actually see wtf is going on so the director clearly wasn't a fan of cloverfield etc. Also uses security cam footage to explain some of the story. Acting was patchy but the film itself is defo worth a watch.

Comment

Just watched Lucy, which is the most disappointing film I've seen this year.
                    A series of cool action scenes bookended by Morgan Freeman talking ****.

Comment

Pretty much describes the film I expected when I saw the trailer.

Comment

Watched xmen days of future past and I quite liked it

Nice to see an xmen film that just doesn't revolve around wolverine

Not the best in the series but certainly not the worst

Comment

Wolverine is still in it too much for my liking but its not a bad film. Action is a bit weak but then thats always been syngers weak point.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Just watched Lucy, which is the most disappointing film I've seen this year.
                            A series of cool action scenes bookended by Morgan Freeman talking ****.
                            Never saw that coming

I watched Blue is the Warmest Colour on the weekend. It had great reviews and I fancied something different and the 3 hours flew by. Great acting, slow calm pace, tender and, shockingly as I had no idea it was coming, some very saucy lesbian action! My better half gave me a tired and knowing look when that kicked off - but in this case I was innocent!

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                              Wolverine is still in it too much for my liking but its not a bad film. Action is a bit weak but then thats always been syngers weak point.
                              Yeah you are probably right but at least in this he isn't the all saviour that the story revolves around

It was good to see the two takes on quicksilver (disney's avengers age if ultron (small snippet from winter soldier)) against fox's version - the bit with quicksilver is probably the best bit in the movie but I am a fan of fassbenders magneto ever since the sequence in first class in the alps with the pig farmer and tailor (schweinabauer and Schneider)

Watched maleficent and was pleasantly surprised especially with their take on

loves true kiss and the dragon

Comment

Closed Circuit - a gem in my opinion. I had never heard of it, only watched it because my man Eric 'Poida!' Bana was in it. Despite his dodgy pommie accent I thought he was great. Very topical story, very well told, surprised it didn't get more reaction. For me, well directed, written and acted.

Comment

Working...
                                X