Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
    We fancied watching a horror (even though I think nearly all horrors are pants) and came across the Evil Dead. Due to hearing good things about it we watched it, my wife fell asleep and I though it was pants. Perhaps Evil Dead 2 is the good one?
    Original or remake? The original was a bit slow

but the pencil stabbing bit looked painful, and the tree-sape probably left splinters

. I've not seen the remake yet.
    Evil Dead 2 is pretty much a remake and expansion of Evil Dead, but with a different initial set up and linking to Army of Darkness at the end.
    I saw ED2 and AoD before seeing the original ED and wasn't overly impressed with the original.

Comment

Someone should make a film like that where every sequel is just a remake.

Comment

Watched Alien Abduction. Possibly one of the scariest films I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
          After feeling guilty about taking my five year old to see Guardians of the Galaxy and the horrific backlash on here, we did Planes 2 this weekend, i'd rather that he was psychologically damaged that sit through that asinine piece of bull****. Not going to set him up for later life or teach him any taste in movies!

Kidding, it's dreadful though, avoid.
          Planes - Fire and Rescue? That's a shame, I was interested in seeing that. Guess it's the Cars 2 of 2014.

Comment

Cabin in the Woods. At best I thought it was ok. Does have some badass cover art, mind.

Also watched Olympus has Fallen. Started brilliantly, really enjoyed it up until the part where gerard butler went from saving the president to saving the entire planet.

Comment

Filth. McAvoy, you magnificent bastard. Spending a career from small time Scotland to becoming a Hollywood star, only to play the most horrible bastard under the sun. Bravo brother.

Comment

Yeah filth is brilliant.

Comment

Loved filth. Just didn't expect such a good film when I switched it on but it all just worked.

Watched the robber last night with guy pierce and robbery Patterson. Was ok, enjoyed it in the end.

Comment

So Filth is definitely worth watching when I get the chance? I'll get it watched this week.

Recently rewatched Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Thrilling and exciting a second time around. Also watched Assault on Arkham which started out with a weird tone but found its place about halfway through (and made Deadshot pretty decent meaning the producers must like him as a character).

Also watched Dhoom 3 with my friend last night. To say its OTT is an understatement but I like the drama and acting in it, worth a watch if you're capable of totally suspending your disbelief whilst watching movies (there are also a couple of dance numbers but it is a Bollywood film after all).

Comment

Yeah another who loved filth

Mcavoy was fantastic

Comment

Watched War Of The Roses last night...

Its a movie i always seem to forget for long periods, but its a superb black comedy about the breakdown of marriage.

How can it fail with the Michael Douglas/Kathleen Turner/Danny Devito trio.

Comment

How to train your dragon 2. Lovely from beginning to end

Comment

I still haven't seen it. Almost loved the first one and watched it again last week. The ending seemed to bother nobody but me but I thought it was so disappointing that the point of most of the movie was "hunting and killing dragons is wrong" and the ending was

hunt and kill a dragon. For me the message was "killing is wrong, only sometimes it's exciting and awesome".

Undermined it for me.

Watched Hotel Transylvania with my girls. Bloody awful. So middle of the road I got the feeling nobody on that movie cared a damn. Had they shot for something different and it failed, that would be fair enough but no, just middle of the road all the way through.

Comment

Spider-man 2. Worst superhero film since I don't even know? the flash film? soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Sorry, 'amazing' spider-man 2.

Comment

Went to see Boxtrolls with my 6 year old today. He was enthralled and I thought it was very sweet as well, stars Moss and Ghandi.

Comment

Working...
                                X