Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Soz Bust but I'm a bit of a censorship snobby arse and as far as I know, Evil Dead 2 is freely available uncut, there was one small cut to one of the DVDs but it was only like a 1 second headbutt or something.

Soz for being pedantic, mate, I just HAVE to have the uncut versions of stuff, I hate politicians telling me what I shouldn't see for my own 'safety'.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      ^Soz Bust but I'm a bit of a censorship snobby arse and as far as I know, Evil Dead 2 is freely available uncut, there was one small cut to one of the DVDs but it was only like a 1 second headbutt or something.

Soz for being pedantic, mate, I just HAVE to have the uncut versions of stuff, I hate politicians telling me what I shouldn't see for my own 'safety'.
      The UK theatrical release of Evil Dead 2 was actually cut by a few seconds in a couple of scenes, but no home release as ever had those cuts as far as I'm aware. The very first UK DVD had a cut to the film involving a kick, but it was a very poor DVD anyway. Every release of a film since then on DVD is uncut.

Comment

there is cuts - the one on film 4 was cut but that might just be due to television censorship

when the young man gets cut up with the axe there are two scenes which either make it or not

firstly you get to see his head cut in half whilst he is still standing and when ash goes in for the dismemberment you get to see all the parts of his body cut up on the floor twitching

now neither were in the film4 version but generally the scene when the guys head is cut in half never makes it into final cuts but the twitching body parts are

saw it on the original VHS release but bought several DVD incarnations including the anchor bay tin and its still not there

Comment

^Truly interesting stuff, apols for being such a spong (I tend to post in bursts). I tend to rely on dvdcompare.net and melonfarmers.com for my censorship info, I realise such sites are prone to flaws as sites like Wikipedia are.

Yeah, I've got two versions, the non-tin, 1st release Anchor Bay and that other one with the white(??) crappy cover with the skull on, I'll have to dig them out.

PS: I wonder if the later ABUK budget vanilla releases contained different versions of the movie?

PPS: I'm the type of guy who owns five different versions of The House By The Cemetery, so am clearly a bit of a mong.
          Last edited by JazzFunk; 05-01-2013, 08:45.

Comment

^Truly interesting stuff, apols for being such a spong (I tend to post in bursts). I tend to rely on dvdcompare.net and melonfarmers.com for my censorship info, I realise such sites are prone to flaws as sites like Wikipedia are.

Yeah, I've got two versions, the non-tin, 1st release Anchor Bay and that other one with the white(??) crappy cover with the skull on, I'll have to dig them out.

PS: I wonder if the later ABUK budget vanilla releases contained different versions of the movie?

PPS: I'm the type of guy who owns five different versions of The House By The Cemetery, so am clearly a bit of a mong.
            cant remember the amount of different versions i have

i know for the first one i have at least 3 (book of the dead and region 1/2)

the second i have at least 3 (book of the dead, anchor bay tin and anchor bay normal)

the 3rd i have a couple (normal release and the release that looks like a pirate with the alternative ending)

plus the trilogy boxed set

but I've bought numerous copies of predator just so i can have the original american trailer which i think is awesome, same with die hard and i managed to get die hard with original trailer but predator still doesnt have it

to be honest they might be wrong trailers since i have no access to youtube at work but buying multiple stuff for silly reasons, im afraid you are not alone

Comment

hopefully this is alright to post here since we are all adults

Comment

Man, my juices are so pumped to rewatch the trilogy it's unbelievable!!!

I'm really ashamed to say that all the Evil Dead DVDs I own, I've never played them (!) the actual last Evil Dead movie I saw was Army Of Darkness, at the pictures, back in 1993!

I just...liked 'knowing' I had the 'uncut' version, weird hoardy-type I am.

Comment

it was bloody hard to find that photo and couldnt find the dismembered photo - but that's in most cuts anyway

but the dismembered bit is pretty much similar to the first movie

Im going to re-watch the first one tonight - that and ahem zero dark thirty :ashamed:

Comment

Watched The Matrix Reloaded last night. Time has not been kind to this film. The special effects while still spectacular in what they are trying to achieve are starting to look slightly ropey, and the Zion parts (which I must have blocked from my memory) are utterly shocking - they should have gone for something a little more cyberpunk with the art direction. The key action scenes I remember being good didn't disappoint mind. The section with Morpheus and trinity fighting the ghost twins on the highway is still amazing and the fight scene with Neo on the staircase is just great top to bottom.

Going to watch Revolutions tonight which I remember being set almost completely in Zion so my expectations are low.

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                    Must have missed that bit
                    Ok, just looked that up. Always thought they were called french coats!

Comment

I watched army of darkness last week which was a favourite of mine during my early teens, but its not as good as i remembered.

Its all about evil dead 2.

Comment

The new one looks nasty though, generic horror 101.
                        http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...d-band-trailer (really nsfw trailer).

Watched Hobbit last night (24fps version), I enjoyed it and it looks superb but it just felt lacking somehow... It both dragged and felt rushed at the same time. Can't fault the effects or performances though and I can't wait to see all six films in extended format

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

Watched Hobbit last night (24fps version), I enjoyed it and it looks superb but it just felt lacking somehow... It both dragged and felt rushed at the same time. Can't fault the effects or performances though and I can't wait to see all six films in extended format
                          With loo breaks, or are you going for a record?

Comment

Watched a trio of movies this evening:

trick or treat
                            Movie about a deceased rocker called Sammi Curr who is brought back from the dead by a fan playing his last record backwards
                            Always thought it was decent enough fare and still enjoyed it, going to track down deadly friend and shocker next

evil dead
                            Looks more 'cheap' than I remember but it's still got it, maybe I watched it too young (9) and its sayed with me but even though I knew what as about to happen I still had than feeling in my stomach - still great, remake has some serious shoes to fill

zero dark thirty
                            Pretty enjoyable from the start and well made. Around 157mins long and starts from the moment the towers were hit and much better than the other seal team six movie and after reading about it follows the testimony from the seal team operators rather than press release from the White House

whitehouse said he used two woman as human shields and was shot from behind but actual fact is that he stuck his head out from a door when his name was called and was shot in the head by a member of the seal team

At the start of the movie it states that all the movie is based on first hand accounts and actual events people involved and if it is all actually true then the way the CIA uses torture must be open for debate and the amount of money and resources used to track him down by the CIA is incredible.

The main lead CIA agent comes across with no charisma but during the film she states she has no friends so maybe it's either terrible acting or the actual person is quite like that

Apparently the movie had extensive rewrites because it was originally about Osama and how he evaded capture and was changed when he was killed, Kathryn bigelow has done a decent enough job and this is better than the hurt locker, I'm a little bit if a fan anyway because I love point break and one of my favourite films ever is strange days

It does however state at the end that some dialogue and events have been given some of that Hollywood treatment
                            Last edited by buster_broon; 06-01-2013, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

Hmm Evil Dead remake. Looks like they showed the entire bloody movie in the preview! For me though, no Bruce Campbell = no sale.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                                zero dark thirty
                                The main lead CIA agent comes across with no charisma but during the film she states she has no friends so maybe it's either terrible acting or the actual person is quite like that
                                Apparently on finding out that the CIA were getting a 'Distinguished Intelligence Medal' (or something) for OBL's capture she sent an e-mail to everyone in the CIA saying that none of them deserved it, only her, because she did all the work. So I can believe she has no friends. Apparently, she was also used as the basis for the character Carrie in Homeland.

Looking forward to this film.

Comment

Working...
                                X