Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
    Waltz is one of the lead actors in Django. The fact that he only gets a supporting nod is pathetic.
    Jamie Fox is the lead to me with Dicaprio and Waltz supporting - probably why there was no nominations for actor in a leading role

but Brave won best animation - so happy with that F R E E D O M

Comment

I like to think Brave only won because it was a slow year, without doubt my worst Pixar film and unbelievably lazily written by their standards.

Comment

Brave is utter ****e.

Django Unchained however is an absolute epic from start to finish. I have nothing bad to say about it, not one nitpick or a "it's great but..." It is therefore quite possibly Tarantino's best movie and a 10/10 from me.

I love westerns and he just nails it.

Comment

Brave was pretty awful. Paranorman on the other hand was superb so not sure why that didn't get anything (it features some of the best animation on characters I've ever seen, it's stunning).

Looking forward to seeing Zero Dark Thirty.

Comment

Re: What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

I saw "Super" last night.

It was pretty good! The comparison to Kick-Ass is pretty inevitable, but it's very different.

The humour is quite dark, but an almost cartoonish delivery lightens the tone enough to make it compelling viewing to the end.

Bonus Kevin Bacon points too!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
              Jamie Fox is the lead to me with Dicaprio and Waltz supporting - probably why there was no nominations for actor in a leading role

but Brave won best animation - so happy with that F R E E D O M
              How is Waltz' part a supporting role? He has almost the same amount of screen time as Foxx and far more dialogue in the movie. He's actually the driving force of the entire film and in many ways is the protagonist as without his character there wouldn't be a story.

Comment

Watched "Ted" the other day, funny, but repetitive after the first half hour.

Son has watched Tangled about three times in the last week. Couldn't avoid most of that but still haven't seen the last ten minutes....

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                  How is Waltz' part a supporting role? He has almost the same amount of screen time as Foxx and far more dialogue in the movie. He's actually the driving force of the entire film and in many ways is the protagonist as without his character there wouldn't be a story.
                  A supporting actor is an actor who performs roles in a play or film other than that of the leads, These roles range from bit parts to secondary leads

Or

supporting adjective - Definition. supporting actor/part/role. not the most important actor, part, or role in a film or play

I would go with both of them now if the film was called king Schultz unchained then I would agree with you

Now he has the most dialogue but he did have pretty much most of the dialogue in inglorious which is also a supporting role but since you obviously yarr'd it (never thought I would see the day especially of your love of cinema and movies above everyone else's)

But he doesn't have near the same screen time at Jamie fox does he, Jamie is the first and last main character you see in the movie

But I agree he is the best character in the movie by a country mile and why haven't you put your opinion of django unchained in this thread and were you waiting for the 18th jan to arrive
                  Last edited by buster_broon; 14-01-2013, 12:35.

Comment

I saw Django Unchained on Saturday.

Kill Bill Volume 1> Django Unchained.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      I saw Django Unchained on Saturday.

Kill Bill Volume 1> Django Unchained.
                      I'm still waiting for the whole bloody affair to get a release and hopefully all in colour with all the extra deaths and gore the Japanese release had

Comment

That's the version of Kill Bill Volume 1 I meant Jase. I'd run you off a copy if I knew how of course.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I would like to take the chance to echo any opinion of the Harold & Kumar films being ****e, because they are.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            That's the version of Kill Bill Volume 1 I meant Jase. I'd run you off a copy if I knew how of course.
                            I've seen :ahem: the whole bloody affair but would like to own it when if ever it gets a release

As for the Japanese releases I've got them in a lovely little boxed set

The first one is essential viewing on R2 Japanese DVD just for the house of blue leaves scene, most people only seem to think the difference is colour, but there are so many more brutal deaths its awesome including scenes outside the house of blue leaves (Sofie fatale being tortured etc)

IMDB have Kill Bill 3 listed - unsure how that would work

Comment

Indeed, The Japanese version is way better. Poor Sofie LOL.

Kill Bill Volume 3 follows Copperhead's daughter and her revenge on The Bride from what I have gathered.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

She should have so been black mamba

Comment

Working...
                                X