Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
    Watched Ted tonight, pretty disappointing. I had it in my head it was going to be a laugh riot, but only brought out a few chuckles, maybe because the trailers were pushed to death and I knew loads of the gags. Passed the time, don't think i'd bother watching it again though, even to eyeball Mila Kunis.
    The flash gordan bit had me pissing, and the part where he squirts soap dispenser on himself.

But the comedy dries up a bit in the last 3rd.

Comment

I thought Ted was great... I was surprised becuase I find Family Guy to be predictable, moronic and not funny at all.

You probably have to be of a certain age to get some of the film though.

Comment

You're not the only one who doesn't like Family Guy, rmoxon:
        5 Reasons Why Family Guy Needs To Be Axed

Last edited by QualityChimp; 17-12-2012, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          You're not the only one who doesn't like Family Guy, rmoxon:
          5 Reasons Why Family Guy Needs To Be Axed

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how they think up ideas for every episode of family guy.

It's basically a show full of random things happening, then the characters say the most obvious and moronic thing possible in reference too it. South Park nailed it perfectly.

Comment

American Dad is way better than any of his other stuff.

Comment

Watched Last House On Dead End Street, boy was Chas. Balun wrong.

Bad film, but the Satanic element is pretty strong with this, it's totally fecund with bad vibeage.

Very divisive, mentally.

Comment

on watch and its quiet so just watched escape from New York and its still class

love the ending credits where some actors played a Drunk, Bum and a Slag - bet its nice having them on the old resume

Comment

Watched Dangerous Liaisons the other night. Excellent film. Surprising, because I hate Michelle 'the P isn't silent' Pfeiffer, Uma 'Kill Bill is one of the worst films ever made' Thurman, and Keanu 'woah' Reeves.

Comment

Knight and Day - Chick Flick and action flick rolled into one. Win win.
                    Decided to continue the Cruise with Minority Report - I love the spiders.

Comment

Back to the Future - Part 1
                      The Bourne Identity
                      Home Alone
                      A Muppet Christmas Carol
                      Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
                      The Matrix

Comment

Re: What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        Knight and Day - Chick Flick and action flick rolled into one. Win win.
                        Decided to continue the Cruise with...
                        I'd like to see a film where Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz sneak around and ocean liner waking up all of the staff.

Cruise & Cruz Screws Cruise Crew's Snooze.

Comment

Edit: Wrong thread.
                          Last edited by Kit; 26-12-2012, 20:19.

Comment

Transformers: Dark of the moon. My god, one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Comment

Watched The Adventures of Tintin last night. Surprisingly fun little flick with some absolutely sublime CGI - spent most of the movie just in awe at the level of detail everything had.

Also watched Tron Legacy which again looked amazing. I was quite impressed with the CG work on young Jeff Bridges face, though I must admit I thought the age reversal stuff in X-Men was more realistic. Didn't really have a clue what was going on other than his son had entered the tron world. Felt like the creators were maybe thinking more people gave a **** about the actually story in the first tron so tried to tie the canon together - which was pretty pointless as tron doesn't really have much of a fan base. Will give it another watch at some point as it was a fun film.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                                which was pretty pointless as tron doesn't really have much of a fan base.
                                I don't agree with that statement, Tron has as much of a fan base as any other 'cult' film from the 80's. Certainly no smaller than say something like Blade Runner. And fair enough at some point others would have tried CGI, but it was Tron that started it. I don't think cinema or video games would be what they are today if it wasn't for this film. The cultural and technological significance of this film should not be underestimated.

In regards to Tron Legacy it may well have the same flaws as the original, but it also has what made the original special as well. I don't think a remake or something completely different would have worked half as well.

It made nearly half a billion dollars at the cinema alone, so I wouldn't say it was pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X